Server Change Update / Down Time Today

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I am getting a new message now at random. It says "DNS not updated click here to come over to our new home" but It does nothing. Doesn't seem to make a difference if I'm on 3G or wifi (land line) if it is a telsra thing surely other members must be having the same problem seeing that telsra is one of the main providers? Not winging just saying....I will cope!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I didn't want to state names but telstra and tpg seem the be the biggest culprits here...

Which is interesting as the site is now behind the telstra network :)....

Couple of things if and when this does happen you can try the following -

1) Start (Windows ICON) > Run > Type -

Code:
cmd

2) Press enter

- A command window should open up

3) Type -

Code:
nslookup expandasdownunder.com

- Copy down the numbers it gives back only and report back the number it should start with either 103. or 110 I would be interested to hear what's it reporting. -

After doing this you can also try this -

1) Start > Run > Type

Code:
cmd

2) Press enter

- A command window should open up -

3) Type -

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

4) Press enter

5) Rerun the first test

If all else fails and you want to know its Telstra you could try this -

http://www.proxyeye.com/

Just punch in the website address and see what it brings back, this is behind a proxy so will give you a different view on another connection as it is bypassing Telstra with the proxy.

Let me know how you get along if it happens again!

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi Burnsy,

I have just checked the site via my iPhone which is using Telstra 3G and it is working for me now, it wasn't working yesterday afternoon when I tried. DNS is a strange thing I known that each site has a TTL which is a time a DNS is updated on each site and it can be set to any length so maybe this is what is causing the error with Telstras DNS update or it just could be Telstra on its own, TPG was just as bad for me as well.

Duncan

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I'm with Telstra and after doing what Expanda explained to do its been fine since, so I guess if the problem keeps happening try that.

The 2nd option solved my problem.