Mentone, VIC
The only car equal to the mighty Troopy ... is another tiny mighty Troopy

IMG_20200204_190424.jpg

Reactions: Drover and davemc

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Oh that is the ugliest snorkel if ever seen on the 200
Its been turned to face the front thats the wrong way every other one ive seen and mine is faceing the back which is the right way ive evan turned the snorkel around on the prado works a treat all the metal pipe snorkels face the back but hey @mfexpanda its just a snorkel that toyota made and can be easy changed the car is still a beast .......he says the dash is full of plastic goodness me what car now days isnt

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mine truck not the only one .................................. The Jeeperific with Mini Jee , it has doors that open and wheels that turn and is impervious to wet weather unlike the Mini Mina.............................:p:p:p..:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

20200216_092238.jpg

Last edited:

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Its been turned to face the front thats the wrong way every other one ive seen and mine is faceing the back which is the right way ive evan turned the snorkel around on the prado works a treat all the metal pipe snorkels face the back but hey @mfexpanda its just a snorkel that toyota made and can be easy changed the car is still a beast .......he says the dash is full of plastic goodness me what car now days isnt
The aftermarket ones are so much nicer.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Oh that is the ugliest snorkel if ever seen on the 200
Would you trust a car review from some nong who mounts his snorkel in reverse.

No mini Colorado
I thought you’d be closer to the 200 series in mileage
Hell no, that would horrify you and me both. Im sitting at 16.1. A lighter thong, and a little less aircon and ill be in the 15s

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Mine truck not the only one .................................. The Jeeperific with Mini Jee , it has doors that open and wheels that turn and is impervious to wet weather unlike the Mini Mina.............................:p:p:p..:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

View attachment 64607
only the best cars have mini mees. Mine comes out of a computer printer, so a whip up a crowd in 10 minutes to out do the terracotta army

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hell no, that would horrify you and me both. Im sitting at 16.1. A lighter thong, and a little less aircon and ill be in the 15s

If you got to 15’s and had a bit more torque you’d be in a Jeep[/QUOTE]

There'd a lot more 'talk' if i was in a Jeep, and besides that i wouldnt be in a turbo sports V8 coupe either

Reactions: mfexpanda and DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The Engel isnt playing well with the Troopy battery, probably the smart alternator isnt helping matters. Since installing a battery monitor, my previous "blissfully unaware" status has taken a hit and it now worries the bejesus out of me. Im yet to take the first steps toward dual batteries, although its likely i will be soon.

Trying to find a low voltage cutout for less than an insulting price, i made my own. Pcb mounted 20amp cutout. Mounted in a jiffy all for under $10 ... thanks Mr Chinaman

Because im not an electronics guru, i can easily get away with blind rivetting the pcb to the plastic jiffy. When you dont know, you dont care and just improvise

The module is fully programmable, set the low voltage cutout, and the cut back in and has a voltage display which i had to polish the jiffy with wet & dry to see thru. Drilled a couple of holes in the jiffy to stick a toothpick thru to adjust the cut in/out as i find the sweet spot. Im starting at 12v low and 13v high. 12v should still start the car, and 13v will keep the fridge off until after the car starts or the solar kicks in when connected.

20200221_160030.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Has anyone every come across tiny weenie 35amp Anderson plugs. Found them at Jaycar so i bought some, not sure why. They are genuine branded Anderson Power Product. $1 coin to scale

20200221_160230.jpg

Reactions: Drover