Sad goodbye to a true friend

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
A G60, what made you downgrade to a Holden? :bolt:

The G60 was the only decent 4wd nissan ever made

Years are not kind to G60's I'm afraid, 186 carbie with Ford Capri seats I think I fitted, always dreamed of a 4 speed gearbox which I got with my Landy then dreamed of an engine and having owned one of nearly every decent FWD I can sling it at Cruiser owners, todays FWDers are really yuppie drivers anyway, hell I even put my hand up for AC, decent seats, a radio and an auto transmission things unheard back when blokes drove FWDs like Landys SIIA, FJ40 cruisers, G60 Patrol and Inter Scouts, a cigarette lighter was an optional extra......carpet was from off cuts and the AC came with a winder or kick vent...........you also had to punch holes in beer cans and use an opener for the bottles ................................. its nice to remember but nicer to to put it into D and crank up the AC...........have owned 2 Holdens, neither was really a GM either..lol,lol.

When I get my RAM 1500, look out rice burners.................

Well enough of dreaming lets get this Toyota Mine Truck finished so we can oggle and drool at it and be glad we don't have one to fill up......

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Actually have real,not fake photos !! of my 2012 Grand Cherokee diesel Overland with electronic fr/rear diff locks pulling a near new Prado and new Hilux out of a beach launching boat ramp in NZ. Prado was stuck with rear axles in the water,Hilux got stuck trying to pull it out.
Its not the cars its the drivers thats the problem here
As for you @Crusty181 i will never let you forget your roots as dark as they are im not talking about your hair either
How quickly you turn eva thought of a change of job maybe politics mite suit you you seem to have all the right moves youd fit right in

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
As for you @Crusty181 i will never let you forget your roots as dark as they are im not talking about your hair either
How quickly you turn eva thought of a change of job maybe politics mite suit you you seem to have all the right moves youd fit right in

OooooHhhhhhh :o:o:o:o:o ..................... Don't hold back Blue Dog, let it all go ....:couch2: ......... Is it because he turned to the Dark Side so quickly or he still has that barbie table that should be with you at Bells .......:bounce::bounce::behindsofa:

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
You cant turn on me, it was your relentless badgering "Toyota this, Toyota that, blaa blaa blaa" that wore me down. I follow your wise counsel and smash, your into me.

Im currently studying a under graduate degree in Retirement, majoring in Hypocrisy. Will have my qualifications soon enough. The princess has always encouraged me to go into politics

Reactions: Bluey and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Still tracking that Zook saves cruiser pic but heres some of real FWD's from way back and again one of my mate Bill needing a tow though this time by a Cruiser, he put on a Hissy Fit when a Nissan backed up to help....................

tow.jpg Not mine but a lot of laughs..........nissan mud.jpg

No designer FWD's here.....................................real2.jpg........Founding members of Shoalhaven FWD Club.

Reactions: Bluey and Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Still tracking that Zook saves cruiser pic but heres some of real FWD's from way back and again one of my mate Bill needing a tow though this time by a Cruiser, he put on a Hissy Fit when a Nissan backed up to help....................

View attachment 63355 Not mine but a lot of laughs..........View attachment 63354

No designer FWD's here.....................................View attachment 63353........Founding members of Shoalhaven FWD Club.

Been in the same sort of position ....

Its been a long absence from Landcruiser ownership. But the Prodigal Son has finally come home

Untitled110.jpg

Reactions: Bluey and Drover

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
................................ Noice, very noice .................... the Lion roars again ???????????........... @mfexpanda
Yes
I really wanted the 79 looked great and strong till I sat in it
I can’t pay that much $ and feel like the inside is straight out of the 70’s.
If they brought the inside up to date it would have been mine
So now when I do pick up the Z71 I’ll be enjoying the benefits of the modern day.
Plus after I negotiated the best price Holden,a Collingwood fc sponsor, reduced it by another $2500.

View attachment 63372

https://www.holden.com.au/cars/colorado/z71-crew-cab-pickup-4x4