Robs 2013 17.56-2 OB

Well I just got the call from the dealer this morning, our long awaited Expanda has been dispatched, and we've locked in a pickup date of the 26th, just in time for our easter trip!!

This is an upgrade from our Swan and we are very much looknig forward to the extra space and ease of setup. With a 1 year old it was always a challenge to keep bub happy during setup, a problem I think we have now resolved, and we've got room for number 2 when the time comes.

We ended up waiting for a 2013 model as we were not seeing much saving in buying a second hand van, nor could we find something close to what we were looking for without a 20 hour drive. With the rooftop air, antenna and awning now stadard, our extras list included:
- Drifter Control Panel
- CD Player + External Speakers
- 150L Fridge
- Privacy Screens
- Additnioal TV Arial on awning side
- 2 x Picnic Tables
- External Shower

Since purchasign I have purchased a Kogan TV, and I hope to at some stage over the next 2 months get in and install a battery (Solar may need to wait!).

My first Mod is planned for our first trip. Cootay has offered to help out building a cot into the bottom bunk after I spotted one in his pictures. He just so happens to be headed to the same park as us over easter - A big thank you for this offer!

I have seen a few of you have picked up your 2013 models and it's making me very jealous!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Perfect timing Robert, don't you just love it when a plan comes together! I'll look forward to your Easter pics :)

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Congrats Robert!!! Bet you can't wait for handover now. So where are you and Mr Cootay headed for Easter? Looking forward to seeing the pics mate.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Since purchasign I have purchased a Kogan TV, and I hope to at some stage over the next 2 months get in and install a battery (Solar may need to wait!).

Hi Rob we were in the same boat last Easter, Im pretty sure OB's come pre wired for battery so it should be just a case of slotting one in and hooking on the wires

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Nice one Rob.

I'm waiting for the call too as my van should have rolled off the line with yours...

I'm hoping delivery happens before Easter as I've got Airlie Beach booked for the shakedown trip.

It's a popular family model - I've got to put a baby jail in too and the Kogan tv is ready and waiting to be plugged in as well.

Good times ahead.

Nice one Rob.

I'm waiting for the call too as my van should have rolled off the line with yours...

I'm hoping delivery happens before Easter as I've got Airlie Beach booked for the shakedown trip.

It's a popular family model - I've got to put a baby jail in too and the Kogan tv is ready and waiting to be plugged in as well.

Good times ahead.

Awesome Ligedy. We had a scare i that our van missed the dispatch truck on Monday, but it went on a second one that day. I had to push the dealer a little to ensure he booked me in for handover a little ahead of the process. With the fire at Jayco Newcastle they are a little restricted in how many vans they can roll out at a time. Airlie beach sounds like an awesome shake down trip!

Baby Jail is absolutely right! I'm thinking of closing off the end bed as well so we have a play area when we can't be outside that she can just roam free in. She loved playing on the bed ends in the Swan, but it was a considerable drop off the edge!

Easter trip is to Soldiers point - just under an hours drive for us which is great!

Hi Rob we were in the same boat last Easter, Im pretty sure OB's come pre wired for battery so it should be just a case of slotting one in and hooking on the wires

That's what I am hoping for in terms of being all ready to go, just needing to buy the bits. We felt that adding solar and battery wasn't 100% necessary in thefactory and we've already BLOWN the budget. I also feel we can get much better value in shopping around. The factury setup seemed a touch expensive for what you got.

I am spewing we didn't get the reversing camera pre-wired as that is something I want to add myself too.

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Good luck with it all. I am also looking at the Kogan tvs. What size did you guys end up getting ???

I purchased a 24" LED Kogan TV. I know the dimensions of the TV will fit on the bench top but as for a good 'fit' in the van... I'll tell you after Easter.

PS. I just finished a construction project for a mining company that included the installataion of 700 Kogan TVs for the new accommodation units... 350 x 32" and 350 x 22" TVs. Picture quality is great and bang for buck they'd be hard to beat. I would never have bought one until seeing them in action - I haven't pulled mine out if the box yet but I don't think I'll let down. I also like the look and feel off the remote (just something else I'm picky about).

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Good luck Rob, hope all goes well mate! Slow and steady when backing into driveway, you'll be right mate.
cheers.