Relgate's 17.56.2 OB

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Keep pinching yourself mate :)...

I know the feeling we are onto our third van I can't contain myself either its such a great feeling.

Well have to organise a catchup if you are up for at Umina in Feb - April next year.....

That's a great idea. Are you thinking of making it a NSW meet? I think there would be plenty of takers!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Just thought I would let you know that I took my bunnings water hose back to bunnings and got a full refund. I just couldnt get the plastic taste out despite all of the the tips on this site and across the net! Got a white drinking water hose at the Penrith show and it was great from day 1. Moral: Dont get the bunnings (pope) drinking water hose!

solterb

Mar 10, 2012
Melbourne
Ahh so thats my problem - I have done all sorts of things to get rid of that taste with rinsing with Bicarb etc. Well going to throw that out and get a new water hose when I pick up in the next week or so - thanks so much for the tip

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
OK, so just a short note to announce that I have given the van it's first decent clean today, and it looks fantastic! Wife was loving my work too which was another goal kicked!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
OK, so just a short note to announce that I have given the van it's first decent clean today, and it looks fantastic! Wife was loving my work too which was another goal kicked!

What did you use to clean it???

I was reading the back of the 3M stuff Jayco gives you and it says that is know to cause cancer :( how they can give it away I don't know!

And when can I bring mine around she needs a good scrub :)!!!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Any time Expanda. I'm on a roll!

I just used a car 'wash and wax' product for this wash. We are going away soon for another 2 week trip so I thought I might give it another wash and the jayco (3m) wax after that. Since your revelation about it's cancer causing properties, maybe I'll get the kids to do the waxing bit...

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
Hi there, just joined up, read the last comment on inner sprung mattresses and thought I'd add my 2 cents.
We had a 16.49 and ordered the inner sprung mattresses, problem I had was with the joins/fold.
If you ended up sleeping on that side they can get unfortfortable.
On the 17.56 we kept the standard.

Cheers
JaycoQ

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Just a little mod to start off the New Year.

We decided that we needed some more light over the 2 internal tables so I bought these Narva LED fittings off ebay and installed them today. Not only should it add some light in the dark corners, but give us another option when we want only dim lighting or a reading light later at night.

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Ahh haa, so you not in there using it as an office your in there planning and installing new mod's. I'm onto you!

No, you've got it all wrong. This was a service rendered. I invoiced myself for the job, but will not pay (dodgy workmanship). Then I'll claim the GST and write off the invoiced amount. All perfectly above board....
:thumb:

Reactions: blacky

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
No, you've got it all wrong. This was a service rendered. I invoiced myself for the job, but will not pay (dodgy workmanship). Then I'll claim the GST and write off the invoiced amount. All perfectly above board....
:thumb:

I done some work for my wife and invoiced it as services rendered.....that was a few years ago and I am still waiting