ragracing's 14.44-4 Outback

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Well everything went well at pick up and it towed great behind the Pajero.

We set it up in the backyard and we slept overnight in it Saturday night. We just couldn't keep the kids out of it!

I have an RDO in a couple of weeks so we are going to head off and try everything out.

Duncan

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Good to hear Duncan, I bet you can't wait for your first weekend away. Everything tows well behind a Pajero! :D

Cheers.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
First Trip Away

Hi Everyone,

Last weekend we took our new Expanda away to Dicky Beach Family Holiday Park for the night and had a great night away.

I had the van setup in about 20 minutes with more of the frustration coming from not being able to find where we had packed things away, but this will improve over time as we had it pretty much down pat with the Swan.

It was great to be camped near the beach on such a hot day and the kids loved the beach and the pool got a bit of a workout as well.

DickyBeach01.JPG DickyBeach02.JPG DickyBeach03.JPG
The Expanda Setup

DickyBeach04.JPG
The kids and I enjoying the beach and the passing shipping traffic!

Duncan

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Looks like a nice spot mate, glad it went well....I see they have made it clear where you put your annexe....it should say "Van" like others have said needs to be the other way around.:crazy:

Cheers.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
I see they have made it clear where you put your annexe....it should say "Van" like others have said needs to be the other way around.:crazy:.

They had some newer sites around the park that a concrete slab for the van and annex as well as lots of no slab sites. We just like the slab sites for the young ones to play on.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
First Mods

I have finally got around to taking some pictures of a few mods I have done.

I have made a box that I can slide out from the front access door that has everything in it for setting up, including the jockey wheel.

It is held in place by some window security locks and on the floor I have put a thin door mat for the box to slide on. I have also put a couple of rubber bump stops at the back to help guide it into place as well as hold it in place

ExpandaBoot01.JPG ExpandaBoot02.JPG ExpandaBoot03.JPG

I have also added some 100mm PVC pipe to the inside of front storage area and chopped my hose up into 2 metre lengths and then they just slide into the pipe out of the way and I can just get out as many length as I need to use.

ExpandaBoot04.JPG

Duncan

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Neat job Duncan.
I'm finding the front tunnel boot a bit of a pain compared to the old camper.
I may just have to borrow a couple of those idea's
Go the 14.44.4
Cheers
Dave

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I have finally got around to taking some pictures of a few mods I have done.

I have made a box that I can slide out from the front access door that has everything in it for setting up, including the jockey wheel.

It is held in place by some window security locks and on the floor I have put a thin door mat for the box to slide on. I have also put a couple of rubber bump stops at the back to help guide it into place as well as hold it in place

I have also added some 100mm PVC pipe to the inside of front storage area and chopped my hose up into 2 metre lengths and then they just slide into the pipe out of the way and I can just get out as many length as I need to use.

Duncan

Love it nice job!!!

I loved reading your thread from beginning to end :) its great to see how from order to pick up it all comes together and the mods kick in!

Can't believed I missed it :) great stuff and apologies!!!

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
Height on ours is 2635mm

Gidday we have the 2011 OB Panda with dometic aircon on top not the new version they put out now but ours is 2635mm with tyres at full pressure as we had the same problem, but all good now, all the best with the wait, I'm still adding toys to mine 12 months done the track, sail track down off side to screen the sun bad weather, wet weather 100% waterproof vinyl privacy screen, dimmer LED coming for the annexe outside, kayak, weber, and the list goes on....juts need that new car....hmm just have to wait.

Matt

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Thanks everyone,

I had been thinking about what to do since I ordered it. It is different compared to the Swan as you could easily lift stuff in and out of the front boot and the stuff in there didn't go everywhere but in the Expanda it just slides from left to right as you drive along.

Duncan