ragracing's 14.44-4 Outback

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi Moto,

The reason we have put the roof top Air Con is because we have gone with the bigger fridge and my wife doesn't want the microwave put under the cooker.

So we have removed the Microwave all together and where the air con is mounted inside that becomes a cupboard and we will buy a smaller microwave to put in there ourselves. The Jayco Microwave will not fit there and Jayco only do one size of microwave.

Duncan

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Hi Ragracing
I also have the same van as you on order and a very similar list of extra's. My van delivery date is also around late september.(what a killer wait this is going to be)
One thing I am thinking about is the drawbar extension as this would allow the rear Prado door to swing open a bit more. What sort of extra cost was involved with this??
Also do the gas bottles stay close to the van or do they get moved forward??
Cheers

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi jdove,

It was around $300 for the draw bar extension, which when I measured it up at the dealer it should allow me open the door of my Pajero all the way.

I have asked and will check again at the confirmation that the bottles are right up against the van or else it is no use getting the draw bar extension.

Duncan

Reactions: jdove

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi everyone,

Well my 2009 Jayco Swan has been sold and the new owners have taken it away this morning, so we are all feeling a bit sad :sad:

We spent 83 nights away in it in last 3 years and travelled over 18,000km.

Well on the upside less than 2 months to the beginning of September and our new Expanda arrives :tongue:

Duncan

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Hi Duncan
That is great news. I bet thats a load off you mind,mine is still in the front yard but gets picked up tuesday (they had to organise finance) Now the wait is well and truly on,I bet we get ours at the same time.
Cheers
Dave

D4Dazz

Dec 31, 2011
Rowville, VIC
I also consider the extended draw bar also when I got my 14.44-4, however was turned off as it adds considerable ball weight. You may want to double check with your deal exactly how much.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi everyone,

Well it has been an interesting week and I have experienced the frustration of dealing with Jayco:crazy:

So it started on Monday when I sent an email to my Jayco dealer about making some changes before the final confirmation, only to get a call from the salesman saying that Jayco has changed their procedures and my van could no longer have any changes done to it.

Now he had done the right thing and argued with Jayco and he had 1 hour to get the final changes through. We were lucky that we had decided to take the roof mounted air-con off the roof as we didn't like the big lump sticking out on the roof after seeing it as the Brisbane Show, as my dealer was meant to bring out a van and try it in my shed to see if it fitted.

I got over this as maybe a dealer - Jayco problem and left it at that.

Now when I signed up I was told my van would be delivered the first week in September but today I found out that it is finished being built until the 19th of September and I should be able to pick it up on the 29th of September, so an extra months wait :Cry:

I find this annoying and is this just start of the problems to come?

Duncan

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Duncan, I was told the same. I had to sign off 8 weeks pryor but now my dealer said it's going to be 10-12 weeks, seems like a long time in advance as they get built in a day. Hope it's all smooth sailing from here for you!

Cheers.

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Hi Duncan
I thought a week or so ago that our vans were probably going to be built at the same time and it looks like that is the case.Frustrating for you I bet.I ordered mine mid April and was told then it would be finished on Sept 21 (It's a Friday build so I am a bit worried)
I got my final confirmation paper work today so I can check that everything is all ok.(it was) my van is still scheduled to leave the factory on Sept 21. My dealer up in Bundy thinks I will be able to pick it up middle of the following week,I hope that is the case as it's the first week of the school holidays in Qld and we want break it in straight away.but I wont be suprised if it's a bit late.
The only extra's I have added recently was a second water tank (just last week)
The long wait is slowly coming to a end and two more 14.44.4s will join the ranks.
Cheers
Dave

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi Dave,

I think the main thing is being told one thing and then another thing happens and so far the count is upto 2, let's hope it doesn't get any higher.

Duncan

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Well the day is nearly here, I have just been to the bank and got the bank cheque so that I can pickup my new 14.44-4 tomorrow morning at 10am.

Roll on tomorrow! :dance:

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Wow what a what you have had :shocked: We ordered our van (16.49-3) in July and had it in September - about 9 weeks it was.

I reckon Jayco setup their factory to build certain models in bulk once they have enough orders? Just hypothesising. Good luck with the pickup tomorrow.

Ants

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Hi Duncan
That's great news that you will soon have your van. I think your dealer did'nt log it in the system straight away,as you know I placed my order about 2 weeks after you and my dealer told me then my build/delivery date's and they were spot on to the day.

I have just got home from 10 nights in the van and believe me you will love it. So much better than the camper and so far we still have no warrenty issues at all.

Enjoy the pick up tomorrow,the only hard bit is handing over the cheque.
Cheers
Dave

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi guys,

Something's has gone astray with my order but I don't think I will ever know what. I was told when I placed my order that it would be ready on the 1st of September.

Antman, I believe you are right, when I placed my order we were told that we had just missed the last run of the 14 though the factory and that is why the wait was so long.

Thanks guys

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Jayco know exactly when it will be made, you should have been given a chassis number on your paperwork. Once you have got that number, they will have it down to the day it is due to run down the line. They set the line up for certain vans, dealers have a time to get order in, if the dealer misses out, they have to wait for the next run. I knew about 3 weeks out the exact day mine was going down the line, and it was spot on, the chassis was delivered a couple days prior all ready for the assembly line. Your dealer would know when the expanda runs are. Maybe a late change to the order bumped it into the next run.

Geoff