outside towel rail

cob

Nov 12, 2011
Have purchased a18.56 one end expanded with double banks, having trouble finding somewhere to place a towel rail outsidethe van can any one help

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I would like to know if anyone has an outside towel rail too. It would be very handy.

Seen an expanding on on ebay that looked good, saw them on a few vans on our recent trip.

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
Sounds good - my daughter wants us to install a ballet bar! Perhaps it could double as a towel rail as well. Actually I was doing some thinking about the whole clothes drying thing - we don't often frequent caravan parks with clothes lines and often in alot of National Parks camps they are not big on the whole rope around the tree thing. We have managed quite well with our Hawk and all the awning and bed end fly guyropes but when we move into the expanda they will be all gone (whew) but with it goes my washing line! What so others do or use? I have seen those portable rotary clothes lines - but not sure how good they are for the bulk you have to carry? Any ideas?

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
We use one of the rotary cloths lines and they are great (make sure you peg them down).
When we set up for an extended period we also take an oztrail gazebo and set it up out the front of the annexe. This also gives good drying space.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
we tie off on the grab rails front to back on the off side and the hold down clamps too, seeing as we are family of six (and the visitor every nowand then too), we also have a colapsable clothes line from mrs peggs, i reckon we have reccommended so many to all who see it we should be getting a kick back. no really it is so good and light weight, we cant do without it

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
We recently bought a DIY Smartline from the Leisurefest show in Melb. It attaches to the awning and we used it on our last trip to dry towels, it was very good and did the job perfectly.
You can buy from this website; http://rvtowingsolutions.com.au/products/d-i-y-smart-line

And here's a pic from their website;

diy-smart-line-caravan.jpg

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
We have one of the Australian RV Expanda clothes lines from Award RV.
I also bought a second set of brackets and have them fitted to either side of the van.
The line can hold quite a bit but the drawback is the 2 brackets screwed and siliconed onto the van, but they are fairly unobtrusive.

The clothesline got a fair workout on our trip last year, it was always covered with beach towels and bathers...

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
We've been trying to figure it out also. We used to have a few lines under the awning on the Swan, but told the roll out awnings aren't strong enough. Initially for the swan we were going to get the expanding one from AwardRV (or Howards Storage World amongst others), but at the time everyone was sold out. Never got around to it after that. When fully loaded with wet washing towels etc, does i put much pressure on the walls of the van - don't want to see the fibreglass start bowing out a bit....
We looked at the idea at the LeisureFest also. We've just used a simple clothes horse so far....

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
just purchased an outdoor table myself tonight on e bay! Any suggestions about fitting or placement?

If you have a 240 volt outlet then put it close to that. The amount of times I have plonked the toaster on the table and just plugged straight into the outlet cannot be counted.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
If you have a 240 volt outlet then put it close to that. The amount of times I have plonked the toaster on the table and just plugged straight into the outlet cannot be counted.

Good thinking, that will work very well with the egg and bacon off the "Q" for breckie!!!