Our new Outback 18.57-6

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
Well, she's finished and there at the dealer's waiting to be picked up, but we can't get there until 4th August :(
Hubby was passing Jayco today and got a photo of her sitting and waiting for us :)

Ready.jpg

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
So today was d-day :D

We're very happy with everything although there was a lot to take in at hand-over, but I'm sure we will get used to it all soon enough :)
Here's some more pics;

4Aug1.JPG

4Aug2.JPG

4Aug3.JPG

4Aug4.JPG

4Aug5.JPG

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
WOW! That looks fantastic!

It would tower over my poor little 14 footer. Did you tow with the new Challenger? How did it perform?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Awesome !! I've seen a few new ones on the road lately and one was actually getting towed by a challenger down the eastern freeway last Sunday night, very impressive.

Have you got any trips planned yet?

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
The van towed very well behind the challenger and even though we had to sit in peak traffic, we still got 11.4 L/100k economy so it will be interesting to see how it goes on the open road.

We've got 4 main trips already booked to Big4 parks, spread out over Sept school holidays, Melb cup weekend, January holidays and next Easter.
I like to be prepared and get in early, especially with the kids being very young still :)

We will do last minute weekends away too when we can. How does that ad go? "Life will be one big holiday" :thumb:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Awesome rig, saw a triple bunk on the weekend though it was the older external stripping colours,

Hey Moto, note how the rear is done, reckon your should have been done similar to that, would have solved the bike rack number plate problem. Note the rear mount spare :focus:

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
Well done, the van looks great and now I really can't wait!!!!!!

Is the drawbar extended?

No, it's just the standard drawbar.

We had a lot of fun today putting everything into the van, it's so nice to have a lot of cupboard space, especially after previously cramming it all into the Eagle. We might actually be able to put all our clothes into the van now, rather than having to live out of a bag!! I also have 2 big cupboards set aside for food :D