New Member, New Van On Order

Joves

May 9, 2019
Sydney
Hi Joves,

Glad all went well with the handover and delivery (notwithstanding the two missing items) and you got home safely across Sydney (thank goodness I won't have to do that when we eventually get our van). Just saw you post and it looks awesome - especially with the brand new TD6 up front - LOTS of tech there. Must have been bl**dy hard leaving the brand new van behind - talk about painful/exciting timing. LOL

Hope you enjoyed your HI trip - I don't need to be a mind reader to suspect what you were thinking about LOL!

One thing I've been meaning to do is ask you about some of your options - the reason/rational behind them if you don't mind:

* 200mm A frame extension? - adds some more clearance between car and van, particularly when turning sharply, etc. it also allows for the potential to add a storage box up front, which may be a distinct need for us, as our options have taken away most of our external storage.
* Nautilus HWS system - was that a replacement of the std one supplied? - a replacement of the standard HWS, this one is instantaneous.
* 3.3Kg Sphere Washing Machine - is that because it's not supplied as std? - doesn’t come as standard
* 2 larger 4Seasons Hatches? - we ended up opting for an upsized hatch over the club lounge area, so didn’t end up going with these 4 seasons ones.
* Satellite - Sphere System - not supplied as std? - not supplies as standard, this is a satellite dish for sat tv
* Entertainment unit extension - does that refer to AV leads? - this is a provision for an outside TV
* Water filtration to sink - benefits/needs? - Filtered drinking water, doesn’t come as standard
* Furrion CD/DVD DV 5700 +int/Ext Speakers - not supplied as std or an upgrade on what was? Doesn’t come as standard
* Side view cameras - and dual rear cameras "cont" ? - Don’t come as standard
* Rol Panel - J-Hub Mk II ? Upgrade of the control panel to a colour tablet... not required in the slightest, but looks kinda cool.
* Oven - Smev Oven plus griller plus cooktop - not supplied or upgrade to std supplied? - Standard comes with the griller... we upgraded to the full oven and griller
* Slide out kitchen with sink/cooker/bench - that's an external one right? - That’s correct, it is an external slide-out cooktop and sink, with extendable tray to hold the bbq
*Sphere wi-fi Router - not supplied or upgrade? - Not supplied as standard. It basically allows you to insert a SIM card and direct a 4G signal throughout the van and surrounds. Also acts as a park wifi extender. It also has a nifty feature where you can text it and it will text back it’s GPS coordinates, in the event that the van goes walkabouts
* Upgraded D)35 hitch? - very glad we got this. It is an upgraded hitch, supposedly a lot safer than the standard hitch and makes hitching up the car a breeze.

Hope this all helps!

My apologies - that's a lot of questions and will take some response on your part but will be invaluable to me.

Thanks @ColinM. It seems to look quite at home behind the Discovery. We inadvertently kind of colour matched the car and van.

You’re right, it was hard leaving the van behind for Hamilton Island. We get home tomorrow, so look forward to tinkering around in it again.

See answers beside each of your questions.

Last edited:

ColinM

Jul 31, 2019
Mount Barker, Western Australia
Thanks @ColinM. It seems to look quite at home behind the Discovery. We inadvertently kind of colour matched the car and van.

You’re right, it was hard leaving the van behind for Hamilton Island. We get home tomorrow, so look forward to tinkering around in it again.

See answers beside each of your questions.

Hi Jove,
Wow, very good of you to make/take the time to respond to all of that whilst you are on holidays - but I guess it got you "closer" back to your new caravan LOL. Thank you very much!

All great ideas and well thought out, in particular:

Yes, the Landy tug and van make for a sweet looking and impressive rig.
* HWS - Makes a lot of sense to me to swap storage for instantaneous.
* JHub - LOL! That sounded like me.
* Oven - good idea - especially since my wife is an awesome cook.
* Slide out kitchen... - definitely on my list.
* Sphere Wi-Fi Router - clever bit of kit that one!

Thanks heaps again Joves! :anonymous:

Reactions: Joves