17' Series New Jayco Bed End Covers!

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I don't know if I'm just lucky, but I've never had a leak with the using just the shade cloth covers supplied by Prestige Jayco in Geelong.
Jason
Ditto with me but then I have not had severe wind/rain to put up with, wind yes, but only drizzle type rain.

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
I'm looking forward to finding out the price too! We've used our van twice so far, and it's rained both times and the beds have gotten wet both times.... (we have the black privacy screens also)

Yes I'm pretty sure they are standard to fit any hard lid model, and surely the price will be reasonable - they've obviously done their homework on them in terms of the design / look, so I imagine they would be well aware of the pricing for similar options on the market..

And I agree @Dean81 - they should be free for all hard lid Expanda owners! :)

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
We must be lucky with our 20 no wet bed . They look good and that not to bad price wise think might have to order one

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
@DPatto that's a good price.

I'm looking forward to finding out the price too! We've used our van twice so far, and it's rained both times and the beds have gotten wet both times.... (we have the black privacy screens also)

Yes I'm pretty sure they are standard to fit any hard lid model, and surely the price will be reasonable - they've obviously done their homework on them in terms of the design / look, so I imagine they would be well aware of the pricing for similar options on the market..

And I agree @Dean81 - they should be free for all hard lid Expanda owners! :)

Maybe it's just us queenslanders with the crap weather. Mine leaked all the time in any rain until we put the canvas bed ends on. Never had a drama since. Jayco tried to sort it twice for me, even replacing the boot lids. Still leaked.

Reactions: Flossymk1

meandher (a frost)

Mar 21, 2013
The Vines, WA
Never had a wet bed end as ours hasn't been out in the rain. Not with us in it anyway. I guess next week's sojourn to Toodyay for the WA Chapter of intrepid Expandas Meet-up may debunk or confirm the theory. If we get wet, I am betting we will have these fitted in the quickest time that Mr Jayco can provide them or my missus will have my wobbly bits on a plate.

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Never had a wet bed end as ours hasn't been out in he rain. Not with us in it anyway. I guess next week's sojourn to Toodyay for the WA Chapter of intrepid Expandas Meet-up may debunk or confirm the theory. If we get wet, I am betting we will have these fitted in the quickest time that Mr Jayco can provide them or my missus will have my wobbly bits on a plate.

Will be standing in line behind you at Caravanland @alan frost if that happens next weekend