My Expanda 18.57-6

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi cruza,
Door handle light is a very nice little led setup so all good there. As for the exterior lights, thanks for the link, that's exactly what I was after, and cheers to boots :thumb:

Cheers
Jas

Spot

Oct 16, 2012
Capalaba, Brisbane
Well there you go, thanks cruza driver & boots33, this is what work well about this forum there is always an answer to most questions you just need to know who to ask or just throw it out there.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey Jas, I changed my annexe light in our 16' to 2x 48's as well but after ordering a second annexe light for our 18 as you have done I can honestly say I don't think it's necessary. The LEDs in these annexe lights are bigger so more light, if you want more light I'd suggest strip light or another led light you can hang from rafter with 12V plug, my opinion only! Love the inside shots too mate.

Cheers.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Good point mate, will throw the outside lights on at night and take a better look, you are probably right. Like you suggest I could use the 48's I have ordered for a fitting hung from the rafters. :thumb:

Edit:
Just checked them, you are on the money burnsy, plenty of light.
Now to explain to the minister for war and finance why I spent $16 on LEDs that don't have a home now. :kiss:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I bought one of those led lights from SCA ages ago, a sealed unit with 48 LEDs and a long cable with lighter socket on the end. I used to cable tie it up and plug into external lighter socket, gives out heaps of light!

Cheers.

Reactions: Holden_man

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey Jas what do you think of the curtain above the lounge?
When we ordered ours we asked Jayco if they could swap our curtains over for the same venetians over the sink. They couldn't but it is still on my list of things to do.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hey Jas what do you think of the curtain above the lounge?
When we ordered ours we asked Jayco if they could swap our curtains over for the same venetians over the sink. They couldn't but it is still on my list of things to do.
The sink Venetian is a pretty smart looking one, would look pretty good over the lounge window as well. The boss was also thinking about changing the curtains to a blue colour to match the darker interior colours we have. I don't know if we could have asked for that when ordering but suspect not. Would be interested to hear if you can find a Venetian the same.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey Jas, what colour venetian is yours? It's looks to be silver, very smart. One over the lounge would look good!

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
No we got tan colour, maybe that's because our bench tops are greige (tan colour with specs). Lounge is same colours as yours though.

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey Jas, just a thought mate, have you had mains water connected either at handover or at home? If not it would pay you to check for any leaks before your maiden trip, might save you some heartache!

Cheers.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey did you go for the washing machine in yours?
We are using ours for the first time this weekend. Typical Jayco non thinking in putting the outlet on the outside of the framework instead of the inside where you can at least have half a shot of diverting the water to the back of the van where all the other outlets go.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey did you go for the washing machine in yours?
We are using ours for the first time this weekend. Typical Jayco non thinking in putting the outlet on the outside of the framework instead of the inside where you can at least have half a shot of diverting the water to the back of the van where all the other outlets go.

That would make too much sense Brad! Let us know how the washing machine goes.

Cheers.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I have already checked it out.
The cupboard that the washing machine sits in can be moved closer to one side of the cupboard.
That will give me enough space for pipes.
In addition, I am going to raise the washing machine to create a shoe compartment below the washing machine.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
No washing machine in ours, because of the Prado we were very careful with weight. Boss was keen on the washing machine though.
Good tip with connecting mains water Burnsy, I didn't see it connected at the dealer, will definitely do it soon. You will be interested to know, shower cubicle floor, no cracks! :smile:

One other thing, the dealer reckons Jayco are advising to travel with the Venetian blind up, apparently rubs and marks it if left down. Maybe that's common knowledge, but though it worth mentioning.

Weights have come in on the knocker for the Prado.
TARE 2004kg
GVM 2479kg
Tow ball 154kg

Jas

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Had to refer to the boss for that one, yes they have clips at the bottom.
I don't completely understand the rubbing thing, and he was hitting me with so much info.....
Can't remember how to hook the van and hitch up, but can remember to keep the Venetian up......only the important things:smile:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Jayco only told me to close the venetian blinds and not leave them open so they don't kink when traveling? Dealers must have different ideas!

Cheers

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yeah it is interesting how much info they throw at you.
Since July I think we must have taken the van out at least twice a month. First service is next week. It has taken to this weekend to try everything before the service.
One thing I used for the first time was the pump. I remember the dealer showing me the pump, the filler holes for the water for the pump but I do not remember them pointing out the three way knob under the van where you choose the source of the water for the pump. I am sure it was pointed out, but information overload meant there was no way I was going to remember it.