My Expanda 18.57-6

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi Folks,
Well here she is, and she's beautifull, I am probably a little biased though. The wait was long, but worth it to get exactly what we wanted.
Handover went really well, information overload though. Got the oldest to film most of it, then the battery went flat on the phone:doh:
Only a short tow home but went really well, no issues at all. All options have been included. Have put the cover on and tucked her into bed for the night.

Options included:-
- Extra Annexe light
- External shower
- light over external shower
- 2x gas bayonet front and back
- 100a/hr battery
- 150w solar panel
- tv bracket
- external table
- extra power outlet to bottom bunk ( for boys iPod chargers)
- control panel above bench level
- external tv outlet
- external power outlet on own circuit 10amp
- bike racks
- wind up antenna
- Ibis air
- cd/ stereo
- extra down light over sink and bench inside door
- Kakadu annexe

and now the pics.........:photo:
Van 1.jpgVan 2.jpgVan 3.jpgVan 4.jpgVan 5.jpgVan 6.jpgVan 7.jpgVan 8.jpgVan 9.jpgVan 10.jpg

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well Jason,
That is a very impressive setup. Congrats on the van.
How did the set up tow?

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi MM,
I am a first time tow'r of something this big, so was a little apprehensive. But tows really well, you certainly know the weight is there, and I think the Brake controller probably needs a little fine tuning still. But felt very stable, got it upto 100k's with a lot of wind around and never felt uncomfortable.

happy days....:tea:

jas

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Nice one Jas. The wait is over. Congratulations.

Hey I am looking at the way you have connected the chains over the top of the WDH bars. Is there a reason you did that? Or is it just the angle of the shot?

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Nice one Jas. The wait is over. Congratulations.

Hey I am looking at the way you have connected the chains over the top of the WDH bars. Is there a reason you did that? Or is it just the angle of the shot?

Hi Brad,
sorry mate can't answer, that was how the dealer set it up. I took a heap of photos from all angles of the hitch setup to help me remember. They also crossed the chains over. Can anyone else tell us if there is a reason for this???

jas

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Jason, I found setting up of the brakes quite tricky. It all worked fine on the flat, but wasn't quite right on the steep hills. After a bit if trial and error it all sorted itself out.

Have you got storage all sorted out? We are just using a camec cover, happy with it so far.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Crossing the chains over is correct. Because it creates a cradle effect if the ball ever comes off.
Chains over WDH like that however.... Interesting..... Keen on other people's thoughts also.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Crossing the chains is correct, but I would personally have them under the wdh, less chance of it getting fouled up in the wdh setup. Just my opinion

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I was only wondering a while ago how you got on, they are a very nice looking van....not being biased either :)
How did you go getting the cover on? I'm putting ours on this weekend for the first time. Enjoy mate!

Cheers.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Jason, does the break away unit now come with the spiral chord, or did you buy that?

I bought one a little while ago from easy off road, so much better than the long wire that was used as standard.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
I was only wondering a while ago how you got on, they are a very nice looking van....not being biased either :)
How did you go getting the cover on? I'm putting ours on this weekend for the first time. Enjoy mate!

Cheers.

Hi Burnsy,
You're not biased, just got great taste..:thumb:
Was a bit of a mission, was pretty windy here, and bloody hell she's tall...

It was getting pretty dark by the time we had it on, so couldn't get a picture with her tucked into bed...but plan too tomorrow.

I hooked two extendable camping Poles into the end Eyelets and the Boss and i lifted it up and over. We had to feed it from the front because she's backed into a side garden and not much room. Reckon it would be much easier feeding it from the back. Plenty of things for it to hang up on when going from the front so stopped a few times and freed up the cover. We had to get it on tonight, we have heaps of Flying Foxes that drop some nasty acidic stuff on everything. this stuff can etch your car in a day so didn't want that on the new van.
All in all it wasn't too bad getting it on, our was a Coast to Coast cover, which if I recall may be the same one you have. It fitted really well.

Now let the mods begin, will be fitting the new LED's into the main lights and the GPS Tracker.

jas

Reactions: Burnsy

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Looks good Holden man. You must be over the moon and itching to go.

Chain crossover is correct but I also would put them under the WDH.

Hi CR, yep we are stoked, looking for a free weekend from kids sport to sneak away.

Thanks for the feedback on the chains folks, under it is, from now on :thumb:
As a Caravan and towing novice the pickup from the pic and advice is appreciated.

Thanks
jas