My Expanda 18.57-6

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Jason, I found setting up of the brakes quite tricky. It all worked fine on the flat, but wasn't quite right on the steep hills. After a bit if trial and error it all sorted itself out.

Have you got storage all sorted out? We are just using a camec cover, happy with it so far.

I have squeezed her into the front yard mick, and covered her with a Coast to Coast cover that we got from the dealer. we'll see how things go in the front yard till we go away at xmas, storage was going to cost us $30/week. figure I can put up with her in the front yard for that.

Spot

Oct 16, 2012
Capalaba, Brisbane
"Wow" Jason it’s happen and the van is home, it’s like Christmas morning when you were a kid. The expanda looks great, enjoy exploring the inn’s & out’s of the van. Have the boys picked their bunks?

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
"Wow" Jason it’s happen and the van is home, it’s like Christmas morning when you were a kid. The expanda looks great, enjoy exploring the inn’s & out’s of the van. Have the boys picked their bunks?

Yeh mate, as you would expect the youngest has said "bags top bunk", before the oldest could open his mouth. I can see a "paper, scissors, rock" happening before every trip...:fencing:

Thanks expanda, yep we are really really happy. Couldn't sleep in this morning, had too get up and firstly make sure it's still there, it was, and then sit and watch it with a warm coffee, too early for beers thats this afternoons shift.
:tea:

This is where she slept last night, all tucked in...
PS for the victorians, you may be curious, but some of the plants around the van are Palms, you probably haven't seen them before...:madgrin:

Van 11.jpgVan 12.jpgVan 13.jpgVan 14.jpg

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
I have squeezed her into the front yard mick, and covered her with a Coast to Coast cover that we got from the dealer. we'll see how things go in the front yard till we go away at xmas, storage was going to cost us $30/week. figure I can put up with her in the front yard for that.

$30/week that is steep. At the Orange national field day site you can store your van for $10/week, but you need to remove it during the month of October.

The covers are not that hard to put on, took me about ten minutes the first time, I'm sure it will be quicker next time.

My front yard certainly does not look anywhere near as attarctive as yours.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey Jas, the cover looks good, if mine looks like that I'll be happy, I'm assuming you got the 18-20' cover? Going out to wash it first.....good excuse to buy one of those folding ladder 14 position things! :)

Cheers.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hey Jas, the cover looks good, if mine looks like that I'll be happy, I'm assuming you got the 18-20' cover? Going out to wash it first.....good excuse to buy one of those folding ladder 14 position things! :)

Cheers.
Yeh mate 18-20", they look to be of reasonable quality too, and the ladder is going to be handy. But like Mick said I think I will find it easier next time.

$10 sounds fair for storage Mick, $30 is too much for me.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
The storage is covered and locked, which is great, but there is a waiting list to get in.

Bugger me, that's cheap, to get shade cloth style shed cover it's nearly $40/week. There is one place a little cheaper towards the gold coast, but not much cheaper. They have shade at 30 and shed at 40. Not surprised there's a waiting list.
Orange hey, doesn't seem that far......:smile:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Looks great HM, I bet you haven't been able to wipe the smile off your or the families face since getting it home.

And thanks for clearing us Vics up about the Palm Trees I was about to do a Google Search :tongue: :thumb:

Roh

Oct 26, 2010
Mornington Peninsula VIC
G'day HM,
Great choice on the van. Good taste.
Great feeling isn't it, towing it home for the first time and just sitting inside looking around and imagining the fun u can have. No doubt plenty of adventures ahead, and some mods aswell.
Cheers
Roh.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi folks,
yep can't wipe the smile off the faces of our family, had afternoon drinks in there today and starting to put all the kitchen stuff inside and weighing everything in.
The tow home was exhilarating Roh, I have never towed anything that big so mixed with the excitement of the new van, was a few nerves, driving home in peak hour thinking constantly...."don't stuff this up"
But she tows beautifully....
As everyone here with vans already know and have experienced, we are excited by the endless trip possibilities and wonderfull experiences ahead with the kids, before they grow up. With the new member to the family we look forward to starting our journey of discovery, and can't wait....

Here's a few interior pics....
Int 1.jpgint 2.jpgint 3.jpgint 4.jpgint 5.jpgint 6.jpgint 7.jpg

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
We added extra down lights when ordering Spot, really happy with the amount of light in the van. I ordered replacement LED SMD panels for the main interior lights in both cool white and warm white to see which colour suits best. This is also why in one of the pics only half a light is working. Tried them both this arv and like the cool white. So this afternoon have ordered more cool white 36 LED panels for the rest. Also ordered 48's for the outside to lift the light output. Need to ask for help from members on how to access the outside led's, didn't want to force them today.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
I tried a screwdriver on them today but stopped before I busted something, if you get yours looked at would you mind letting me know how they got them off. Was thinking of dropping in and asking them when the led's turn up in a month or so.