MolongMicks 17-56.2 HL outback Expanda

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Hey Mick, Do you know if they have installed the new type flew on your HWS? If your in doubt, take a photo and I should be able to tell.
I installed mine on the weekend and it has made all the difference, reliability every time!

Hey Turtle, here are the pictures, hope you can work it out.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (2).jpg
    IMG_0001 (2).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0002 (2).jpg
    IMG_0002 (2).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0004 (2).jpg
    IMG_0004 (2).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0005 (2).jpg
    IMG_0005 (2).jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 310

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Looks like a new one. The old flue finishes flush and doesn't have the overhang on top.
Yours does howerver, look like it has been hacked around a bit. By the looks of it, they've bent the flap down so it fits through the cutout in the door (door might not be adjusted correctly).
I suppose the main thing is, if it ignites and stays alight reliably, then its ok

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Reactions: MolongMick

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Here's a look at my new one.

Thanks for that, the flue looks the same just that i has been bent down.

Might get onto Coast to coast about a new kit. It is worthn it to have it on standby if something does go wrong.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well, don't I feel really stupid about now.

I was all ready to put in a 12v line and socket to the front cupboard, bought the cable, socket, ribbed conduit etc, only to find out that where I was going to install the socket there is already one there. Now don't I feel like a goose.

On the the other hand I did fix up the switch, which Jayco forgot to install, for the external light on road side that we had installed at the fatory. Works like a treat.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well I just orderd the stone Stomper.

Christian from Stone Stomper is a very nice person to deal with and very willing to help out.

Thanks for your help Christian. Fingers crossed it should arrive by Thursday next week.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Our heater cover has the rectangular holes - van delivered last November. Have only used it so far on 240V....

Thanks, not sure why the flue on mine is new, but the cover is old. I can't quite work that one out.

I had the hotwater system running over the last couple of days and it reignited each time without a problem.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Our plans for our first get away has been canned, the wife needs to work on the saturday, I have first aid training on Saturday and Sunday, the following weekend I have a First aid duty at a camp draft, so that is out.

It looks like the first outing is going to be Easter up in Lighning Ridge.

I might just sneak an overnighter in at a local NP before hand, but time will tell. Easter is creeping up very quick, only 4 weekends away.

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
Well I just orderd the stone Stomper.

Christian from Stone Stomper is a very nice person to deal with and very willing to help out.

Thanks for your help Christian. Fingers crossed it should arrive by Thursday next week.

Looks like you have a very nice setup - bet you cant wait to get it out on the road. The stone stomper order sounds quick as well. Perhaps we may investigate one of these too. Was it easy to work out how to measure up? I suppose we would need to wait for the van to get the precise measurements.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Looks like you have a very nice setup - bet you cant wait to get it out on the road. The stone stomper order sounds quick as well. Perhaps we may investigate one of these too. Was it easy to work out how to measure up? I suppose we would need to wait for the van to get the precise measurements.

Christian gave very clear instructions, via email, on how to measure up.

Yes you will need your van for the measurements, as measurements needed are from the hitch to the chassis of the van, plus the width of the van.

Reactions: busybusymum

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Bought a weber baby q yesterday, went looking for a hose for it today. AGL in Ornage will have one here on wednesday 3m long.

The hoses they sell are very strong and thick. Looking forward to hooking up the Q to try it out.