Me New Towing Truck

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I have heared good reports about the new SAX Suspenion leaf springs as an alternative option to airbags. May be worth considering too.

AAJB

Jun 3, 2012
Cranbourne nth Victoria
Just a quick update just got the navara back just had pedders air assist fitted & had the front spring & shocks upgrade by about 10% sits really nice now will put a new pick up soon. Just waiting to pick up the expanda next week.Towed my car tralier the other week and really happy with the grunt. DSCF0043.JPGDSCF0044.JPGDSCF0045.JPG

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
So what is your hitch height now???. Will rotating hitch be enough to hook up your van??is your van OB or touring??.getting our van tomorrow so will measure for you once out on the road,I know your curious to know.ours is touring.cheers.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Looks great! I would love it if they put that motor into the patrol, ive heard rumours but dont think it will happen.

AAJB

Jun 3, 2012
Cranbourne nth Victoria
So what is your hitch height now???. Will rotating hitch be enough to hook up your van??is your van OB or touring??.getting our van tomorrow so will measure for you once out on the road,I know your curious to know.ours is touring.cheers.
Touring van, probably have to get a low hitch will cross that hurdle next week turning it a isn't gunna be enough.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
Well got the van out today.pumped up airbags hooked on and car dropped a little though nowhere neat before.airbags s no leaks under pressure all good.took van for a drive with no wdh connected behaved well.
Measure hitch height to be 415 mm from the bottom of hitch with van equal distance to flat surface as measured from front and rear sill point.hope this info helps aajb.

AAJB

Jun 3, 2012
Cranbourne nth Victoria
Well got the van out today.pumped up airbags hooked on and car dropped a little though nowhere neat before.airbags s no leaks under pressure all good.took van for a drive with no wdh connected behaved well.
Measure hitch height to be 415 mm from the bottom of hitch with van equal distance to flat surface as measured from front and rear sill point.hope this info helps aajb.

cheers thanks by the time i hook on i reckon it will sit level,we will wait and see

AAJB

Jun 3, 2012
Cranbourne nth Victoria
DSCF0054.JPGdrop 15mm in the rear which now sits 5mm lower in the rear then the front. Page Bros said a wdh hitch wouldn,t be required. Had a head wind all the way home and the v6 Navara didn't even know it was on the back so wrap with the power of the new rig.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
aajb, looking good. so tell us about the air bellows in the rear, did you inflate before or after hooking up?

know of a guy who inflates after hook up with air bellows installed?

did you have any more pressure left to inflate to get you back the mentioned 5mm?

cheers.

AAJB

Jun 3, 2012
Cranbourne nth Victoria
aajb, looking good. so tell us about the air bellows in the rear, did you inflate before or after hooking up?

know of a guy who inflates after hook up with air bellows installed?

did you have any more pressure left to inflate to get you back the mentioned 5mm?

cheers.
With the pedders air ride which i had fitted day to day driving i run 10psi per bag, and once the van was put on the back didn't require any more air so will just run 10psi for the moment.