Me New Towing Truck

AAJB

Jun 3, 2012
Cranbourne nth Victoria
Well me you truck arrived last weekend after driving nearly every duel cab out there the decision was made on Nissan Navara v6 turbo diesel 7spd auto. Just had hayman reese towbar fitted. Next week tubliner and canopy & tralier brakes & wiring to the 12pin plug for the van. 20120707_122457.jpg will keep posting some pics as the accessories go on

cheers:dance:

AAJB

Jun 3, 2012
Cranbourne nth Victoria
Lookin forward to see how it tows and what economy is like .what van do you have to tow with the nav
Yer going to be towing a 17-56-2 expanda & I've got a 17ft race tralier i'll be towing. Brought the turbo diesel v6 for the power of towing & how quiet in is. Did a 200klm round trip the other day on the highway and got down to 9.1 litres per 100klm. Once I tow I'll give ya a report cheers

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Nice rig, The 550 motor is awesome. Very temping to upgrade, and I even get Nissan premium pricing. But SWMBO doesnt want a ute... Hmmm 550 TI pathy may be an option. At least the Nav still looks a shed load better than the BT ugly :) Will be good to hear how it tows the Panda

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
I was looking at the v550 but when the Nissan dealer dosnt bother calling me back to arrange the test drive (he didn't have one on the lot but was getting one) and the shitfight we have had with our 2010 Pathfinder over warranty I chose the VW. Very happy with it and given I don't tow all the time the economy is great, down to 7.7 l/100 on the morning commute. Gets up to 12l/100 towing my 2.2T tractor abput. I would have bought the 550 but for the dealer and service.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
hey there aajb, now that youve got the tow bar fitted and still waiting on your van, might be a good idea to measure the the tow ball height then work out if you can alter the hitch hieght of your van as it gets made, food for thought? getting airbags for the pathfinder and could be altering our hitch with a spacer plate, we'll see how tows first on next trip though.more work!!!cheers.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Impressive figure Brookes I was wondering when someone appeared with a amarok.congrats.what type issues did you have with Nissan,mind I ask??

The rubber covers come off the sidesteps and Nissan suggested it'snot covered under warranty and we should take it to a smash repairer. There is a bunch of others but I don't want to hijack this thread. I may start another when I get back to Oz.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
getting airbags for the pathfinder and could be altering our hitch with a spacer plate, we'll see how tows first on next trip though.more work!!!cheers.[/QUOTE

airbags are in and wow what a difference and the flexability available now.will do a dry run.then with water/gas.then loaded for trip.might even get the bike rack on the a frame.as for the spacer plate,maybe not.flip receiver hitch over just might be enough.
now where is that screwdriver to adjust the headlights back into line.LOL.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
MyMelody you look like a Spammer to me. Your wasting our time.

Deleted that one Deano.

Nice Navara, i LOVE the colour too. I nearly went the D40, and if i did it would have been that colour. A great choice model too, it will tow like a freight train:first: