Electrical Jayco Standard Electrics

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
IMG_4288.JPG
Thanks @Bellbirdweb ,

Can you just clarify. Are you saying that circuit breakers just plug straight into the current fuse attachment in line, or fuse plug in setec panel etc.

I thought from your pic that you had put a separate box or panel in and wired all the cables via that panel, and the panel contained the circuit breakers.

Did you mean that you simply replace fuses as and where they are with circuit breakers instead? If that's the case then it's a no brainer, why wouldn't everyone have circuit breakers everywhere instead of fuses?

Tell me what I'm missing here.

Thanks
MR
You just pull the blade fuse out and replace it with the circuit breaker.

Reactions: aspiremr

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Thanks @Bellbirdweb ,

Can you just clarify. Are you saying that circuit breakers just plug straight into the current fuse attachment in line, or fuse plug in setec panel etc.

I thought from your pic that you had put a separate box or panel in and wired all the cables via that panel, and the panel contained the circuit breakers.

Did you mean that you simply replace fuses as and where they are with circuit breakers instead? If that's the case then it's a no brainer, why wouldn't everyone have circuit breakers everywhere instead of fuses?

Tell me what I'm missing here.

Thanks
MR
HI @aspiremr,
the picture shows the fuse panel behind the front door of your Setec unit, just above the leds.

The only downside is that circuit breakers are more expensive then fuses, otherwise, as you wrote, it is a no brainer. You can get them at Jaycar or Altronics for $6-$7 each. They are cheaper than that on eBay from Australian suppliers, cheaper still from Asia.
Just google blade fuse circuit breaker.

I haven't bought any yet, so I don't know if they will fit in the inline fuseholders.

cheers
Mike

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
HI @aspiremr,
the picture shows the fuse panel behind the front door of your Setec unit, just above the leds.

The only downside is that circuit breakers are more expensive then fuses, otherwise, as you wrote, it is a no brainer. You can get them at Jaycar or Altronics for $6-$7 each. They are cheaper than that on eBay from Australian suppliers, cheaper still from Asia.
Just google blade fuse circuit breaker.

I haven't bought any yet, so I don't know if they will fit in the inline fuseholders.

cheers
Mike
The inline holders might be an issue if the have caps on them as the circuit breakers are taller than a standard fuse.