Jac & Baz's 6 month trek

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
"Don't have anything hanging off the mirror and they pull over interstate cars" we were warned by a fellow traveler and sure enough the minute we got near there We were pulled over . Early morning breatherlzed licence check and the he spots another interstater going the other way he can't get to his car fast enough .
I told him he must hate vic number plates he ignores me and takes off after the car and van .

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
"Don't have anything hanging off the mirror and they pull over interstate cars" we were warned by a fellow traveler and sure enough the minute we got near there We were pulled over . Early morning breatherlzed licence check and the he spots another interstater going the other way he can't get to his car fast enough .
I told him he must hate vic number plates he ignores me and takes off after the car and van .
You don't have the fluffy dice in the Colorado do you @mfexpanda ?o_O

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
image.jpg
And we're off ...

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
@jacbaz when you get to Noresman, you will notice ALL street signs have a horse on them - the story...........

In August 1894, Lawrence Sinclair, while travelling from Esperance to the Goldfields - Kalgoorlie, discovered his horse had gone lame, when he checked its Hoofs, he found a Gold Nugget had lodged in its shoe, and then he found a rich gold reef which Sinclair named after his horse, Hardy Norseman.

bit of useless information for you

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Not sure on coordinates @jeff , maybe @Bluey can help with this - I do know it's right on the border, big truck stop with a golf course out the back (about 15 km's before Bordertown) on the Victorian side. There is a small road next to the toilet block, drive up this and you can camp near the golf clubhouse. There is a fair amount of traffic noise, but earplugs may be the answer to this!

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Update ... decided not to stay at Port Augusta after reading some Wikicamp reviews and settled on Port Germein - set up and noticed a home made van that we had seen before - a month ago in Mallacoota! This van is set up to carry two BMW bikes in the back, and has a full beer brewing setup built in!
Ali I can say is night no 1 - van tidy, meal on the table @ 6.30 and in bed @ 9.00
Night no 2 - messy van, a few bevvies, Mallacoota chit chat, NO meal cooked, ended up at the pub (walk through the back gate), tea bought and thinking this may be an expensive 6 months!!! Great night though :)

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Oh, but we did walk down the longest wooden pier in the Southern Hemisphere ... 3.3kms return! The guy in the car drove out about 800m to walk his dog, and then beat the tide in!
View attachment 32118
View attachment 32119
nice choice port Germein keep ur stuff under lock and key from now on, Kimba I think is half way across worth a stop I think a big galah there u MUST FIND Pidappa Rocks north of a place called Minnipa can camp there its a mini wave rock !!!!!!!! dirt road in should be ok but always take care if stopping at Ceduna only stay at the barb wire enclosed van park for good reason !!!!!!! we had 1 night there then went to Penong van park, good stop over nice very little place lots of windmills ,as u drive in , the surf beach CACTUS !!!!!!!!!!! is very close 10 min drive from Penong, Head of Bight is a must stop not whale season now I think but well worth a look
good luck Nullarbor roadhouse was as far as I went so for me its unknown from there, hope u get to Pidappa Rocks and Cactus like I said in Ceduna watch ur stuff Maybe cut to the coast road at Poochera to streaky bay nice !!! coast road to Ceduna ??? safe travels @jacbaz