Is this a good buy???

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
I think it's a great buy.

I haven`t seen any other hard lid 16 footers under $30, 000 before, especially if it has an annexe as well.

I just had an annexe made up for my 14 footer and it cost $2400.

Another thing I noticed was that it had the biggest fridge {150 Litre} and air conditioning.

I think that this van will definitely sell because it`s around $4000 under priced.

I think that model is a 16.4.9.1 which I think has a great lay out. I personally don`t like the toilet shower option in a 16 or 14 footer as you lose too much room. Better off having a shower tent tent outside.

Having an annexe as well makes this a steel in my opinion. Definitely have a look before someone else does.

It will go!

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
my opinion this is not an 18ft van looks like 16.49 as single axle and No MICROWAVE !!!!!! usually above the 150 lt fridge and then a/c over sink . Oven is ok but like above prefer using weber baby Q , price seems a little cheap generally thought that year went for around $33k mark. A microwave for me is essential with small kids to heat up meals, milk and you dont want to have to carry one in a box and set up on the bench each time
Its not off road so clearance could be an issue and would appear not to have the correct GMV weight , generally if I remember that size van is around 1400kg (could be corrected on this but our offroad 2011 is around 1700 with shower hws) depends on your tow vehicle but if planning to do any free camping or national parks go for the off road and definately big fridge .. it depends how long a trip you plan on doing each time short trips ok but if long better to go the 18ft for more room
I personally would not buy this van due to the layout prefer the club lounge more room when eating and sitting down to play cards or games at the table ...
Definetely need to go hard lids .

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
If It is any help we paid $28k for a 05 model 16ft shower/toilet with a new annex they were asking 30K we bought this in July, we found the receipt in the van 2yrs prior they paid $28,500.they keep there price.
we up graded from a Nissan Urvan. our list was,
1) Shower/toilet
2) some where to sit and read on the wet windy nights,
3) be able to stay away from noisy caravan pks
4) be independent .
5) last be able to tow with ease and safety.
was worried when bought expanda outback but this Forum assured us the van will go where we want to take it.
hope that helps, its also a comfort to know if you want to upgrade you stand a good chance of getting you money back.
follow your gut feelings.
regards Shiraz.

and a Very Merry Christmas

2)sit down on those wet days