How did you come to choose your Username?

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi All,

RAG is a acronym for Ruff As Gutts and because I used to race a rally car in the QLD Rally Championship you get ragracing.

My rally car in action quite a while ago
DSCF0047a.JPG

Duncan

borstalboy

Apr 17, 2012
Northern Subs SA
Mine comes from a book title "Borstalboy" Written by Brendon Behan, Borstal was the location of an English boys detention centre that he spent some time in. Brendon Behan was a known Irish playwright who when he was 16 got caught up in a little bit of IRA business and was locked up for it.

So thats where it comes from as for why, Well I am of Irish decent and proud of, I also share Brendon's surname.

Tailor

Jun 2, 2012
Newport Qld
My wife, bless her, nagged me for years to get a 4x4 and go tailor fishing on Fraser Island, which we have been doing each year for 10-11 years. My first attempt at joining a forum they wanted a user name, and in a fit of panic I wrote "tailor" and now it seems to be pretty useful.

She also decided to buy the 16.49OB, I said, "save the money" so she did, and again I'm really glad about that.

A woman who loves caravans, boats, fishing and can cook, what more can a man want?? Possibly a few other toys, but don't tell her I said that!!

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
484 First Ironman number...11.5 hours of pain was enough to etch on the pyschie !

Some cool names coming up, good thread

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Unashamedly a fan. Always thought the slide-out/drop-down beds concept was brilliant. The Expanda takes it to the next level - fantastic!

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Mine is a bit confusing, so will try and explain......:eyebrows:
:car: love Holden Commodores, ever since I was a kid, first car was a VC commodore with a 202 blue motor, have had Supercharged Ones, now onto HSV 350kw with a Walky tweak.
I take the boys to the Ipswich Supercars every year without fail. Brockie and Skaifie are true legends of the sport, with Tander and Lowndes my current favs. Have met Jamie Wincup and Greg Murphy :becky: Have had a couple hot laps with Neil Crompton, which was brilliant.
been to Adelaide and GC races.
Haven't been to Bathurst yet, that's a dream of mine, but that may change, planning now on a trip with the panda for next year...
One week to go to the great race. There's only one thing better than watching fords lose :eyebrows:

Toot

Sep 26, 2012
Geelong
I am a train driver. For a few years in the 1980s, I left the job and went to Europe and drove coach tours for Top Deck. The fellow crew there named me Toot because of my train driving past. I got back into train driving five years ago but haven't told my fellow drivers of my "European nickname".

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Username is a combination of first letters from my and the wife's first names..... DA = David and GREE = Greer.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
mine is because i diddnt work out that i should use a cool name instead of my own name ....
are you able to change your name to a cool one without losing what you have contributed?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
mine is because i diddnt work out that i should use a cool name instead of my own name ....
are you able to change your name to a cool one without losing what you have contributed?

Please tell me you are not thinking of changing your username to the name of your car Paul.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Please tell me you are not thinking of changing your username to the name of your car Paul.
No, not at all, my daughter named the car the fat girl because i was explaining that all cars were girls and always had girls names and she said well the Patrol is a fat car as it is very big so she decided it would be the fat girl, i suppose its not so PC...

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Mine was from school. Actually I have only started using Antman just now. Spidie69 is my main username for the net. Spidie as i have a phobia and 69... well you can guess. I thought it time that i start to lose that username. ;)

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
I am a train driver. For a few years in the 1980s, I left the job and went to Europe and drove coach tours for Top Deck. The fellow crew there named me Toot because of my train driving past. I got back into train driving five years ago but haven't told my fellow drivers of my "European nickname".

Hey Toot,
Interesting you worked for Top Deck. Did you know Graham "Skroo" Turner at all? He started top deck in the 70's there when he finished he veterinary degree. He left Europe and came back to Brisbane and started Flight Centre where i worked for the last 7 years.

Ants

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Mine was from school. Actually I have only started using Antman just now. Spidie69 is my main username for the net. Spidie as i have a phobia and 69... well you can guess. I thought it time that i start to lose that username. ;)

Yep... well after reading Brads comment i thought perhaps my not so PC description of the name of my car should be changed too...

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale

That makes 2 of us, used to get my younger sister to kill the huntsman's when they got in, now I am big I have to man up, and jump around like a girl whackin em with a broom. Spray just takes to long and they just go off angry :spider::scared:

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
CooTay was a name that came to fruition when we were thinking of a name for our newly acquired Expanda. Our 3yr old boys name is COOper and our 14mth old daughters name is TAYla.....

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Hey TOOT
I am sure we must of crossed paths (or campsite bars) at some time as I drove for Autotours in Europe,Scandi/Russia etc for four years 1987-1990 and worked at Walkabout club in london for a year before that,I even managed to get home with my liver intact.
Oh yeah I got my online name because I owned a Jayco Dove.
Jdove was not my autotours name It's too rude to post here.