NSW Green Patch {Jervis Bay}

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yeah we are pretty well setup with our van with the external shower and a Porta Loo. I have an awesome shower tent (not one of those horrible popup ones) and it all works really well when bush camping. Got to keep the better half happy:biggrin:
You have me wondering what exactly does an awesome shower tent look like Moto?

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
No worries, here you go.

It's the latest Oztrail model (can't remember the exact name), and goes up like a jet tent. I love it.

I stole this one from the High Country Trip report, thanks Matty4
IMG_1239.jpg

Here's another shot, unfortunatley i don't have much else.
IMG_2353.jpg

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yep....that looks fairly awesome to me. We now have a shower inside the van, but on the last van we used an external shower and I must say, there is definitely something peaceful / calming (can't think of the right word) about having a shower with the top of the shower door open looking out at the countryside.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Looks the goods Moto.

Make sure you peg it down though. I had an unfortunate incident whilst having a shower in my pop up shower tent.

The wind lifted it up and blew it 20 metres away while I was showering. I`ve never seen my wife laugh so much. In fact she still laughs now about seeing me nude all soaped up with the shower tent blowing down the beach!

The way I see it, I made a lot of people laugh that day!

Gotta be a good thing.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Looks the goods Moto.

Make sure you peg it down though. I had an unfortunate incident whilst having a shower in my pop up shower tent.

The wind lifted it up and blew it 20 metres away while I was showering. I`ve never seen my wife laugh so much. In fact she still laughs now about seeing me nude all soaped up with the shower tent blowing down the beach!

Gotta be a good thing.

Aha!! The real reason why you call yourself coastrunner finally revealed. :)

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Looks the goods Moto.

Gotta be a good thing.

That would of been very funny to see, I can just imagine......sorry coastrunner :D

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Looks the goods Moto.

Gotta be a good thing.

Gold!!!!!

And considering you fessed up its my turn :)....

At copeton dam with the 16.49.2 and I had a pop external shower out the back.

Had been driving all day and needed a shower fairly badly so got in the external shower got a little bit of water going and lathered up with the shower going.

At this point the wife had the daughter and had disappeared chasing Kangaroos or something who knows what!

So I was in the shower with nothing but a towel, soap and some water and was lathered up ready to rinse of when all of a sudden the water stops??? What the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

Being a typical male I am screaming for the wife to come and help as I have nothing but a towel and covered in soap to which no response.

After about 5 minutes of no water and things are getting desperate I hear a fit of laughter from the to which I am now screaming asking what the heck is going on and the reply is "NO WATER" we are out :) didn't you check the tanks before you got in DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to do a towel run to the car and then to the nearest amenities to the scared looks of some other campers of a soapy monster needless to say I kept to myself after that incident and always check the tanks before showering inside or out!!!!

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Gold!!!!!

And considering you fessed up its my turn :)....

At copeton dam with the 16.49.2 and I had a pop external shower out the back.

Had been driving all day and needed a shower fairly badly so got in the external shower got a little bit of water going and lathered up with the shower going.

At this point the wife had the daughter and had disappeared chasing Kangaroos or something who knows what!

So I was in the shower with nothing but a towel, soap and some water and was lathered up ready to rinse of when all of a sudden the water stops??? What the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

Being a typical male I am screaming for the wife to come and help as I have nothing but a towel and covered in soap to which no response.

After about 5 minutes of no water and things are getting desperate I hear a fit of laughter from the to which I am now screaming asking what the heck is going on and the reply is "NO WATER" we are out :) didn't you check the tanks before you got in DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to do a towel run to the car and then to the nearest amenities to the scared looks of some other campers of a soapy monster needless to say I kept to myself after that incident and always check the tanks before showering inside or out!!!!

Mental note.....
Must add water level gauge mod to my list of things to do.
Thanks expanda for that imagery of things flapping in the breeze. :faint:

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
We just got back from and spent alot of time at Longbeach absolutely awesome up there Huskisson os a great little town and Callala bay the beach was fantastic kids favourite one was callala beach.
its great to others have been there to experience it all i reccomend the Eco cruise in the bay alot of history there.