Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
your just dropping a slipper into Victorians whilst they're down

I hadn't even thought of that, brilliant, I was actually just showing off my Maroons Shirt with Logo for the Fish Poacher to drool over, the actual fish was a bonus, in fact since the pic is a few years old, the fish and the Mo are long gone....... Elliot Heads a fine place to stay.

I'll do a job on the stitching might give it a bit more time....... should have kept up the bees wax.

PS: Damn I'm still a good looking bloke..................

Reactions: chartrock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We could just go virtual camping or caravanning, saw these drop kicks on the News having orgasms over car and bike racing online, thinking its real..... Havent missed Friday night footy one bit, over the BS hype of professional sport......let me out of here.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Other than still waiting for the cold weather, life is still bluddy exciting....:cheer2::cheer2: up here in QUEENSLAND.................... Not really I want to hit the road and like everyone sick of Virus stuff on the news every minute lets have some more comedy with the Trumpster...................:couch2:

Now that thread where we wandered off into Vehicle Mods again, one of those Federal Docs I put up I had another quick graze of the tome with my image sensors and I spied something that could start a whole new thread .o_O...................................As I was contemplating putting a genny box on the back I thought I would, while I had it handy, see what it said, It seems that adding stuff to the back of the van is changing the length and is thusly not allowed unless you have the rig re-engineered, Big Mal has its huge spare wheel hanging off the back some 500mm, so the genny box wouldn't protude beyond it so I'm in the clear...I imagine lots wouldn't with some coffin sized boxes hanging on the rear.................

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Other than still waiting for the cold weather, life is still bluddy exciting....:cheer2::cheer2: up here in QUEENSLAND.................... Not really I want to hit the road and like everyone sick of Virus stuff on the news every minute lets have some more comedy with the Trumpster...................:couch2:

Now that thread where we wandered off into Vehicle Mods again, one of those Federal Docs I put up I had another quick graze of the tome with my image sensors and I spied something that could start a whole new thread .o_O...................................As I was contemplating putting a genny box on the back I thought I would, while I had it handy, see what it said, It seems that adding stuff to the back of the van is changing the length and is thusly not allowed unless you have the rig re-engineered, Big Mal has its huge spare wheel hanging off the back some 500mm, so the genny box wouldn't protude beyond it so I'm in the clear...I imagine lots wouldn't with some coffin sized boxes hanging on the rear.................
I will stand corrected, and dont know where I "know" this from but I think down here in Mexico its all about that length v axle v overhang thing.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'm never go to run out of things to do on Big Mal, as I threw the brushes in the bin after doing underneath the floor with Chassis Black and Deadener, we are ready to get the hell out of here, when I thought nothing left to do, suddenly new curtains to hang and I discover that my perspex shower screen has a nice big horizontal crack across it, gaffa tape maybe ???????

Had a brain wave with painting underneath this time, no spray gun and paint brush I used a small roller, just cut in with a brush, hardly made any mess on concrete or me, I'm never doing it again thats it, all should be nicely sealed for another few years after that I won't care..........

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Remember when Victorian number plates had the catch phrase “on the move” and then it changed to “ the place to be” I wonder if Dan was in marketing back then and knew something????

Reactions: davemc

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We have Anna so ignore Scotty ........... We can drive 50km to do unrestricted shopping, what a laugh we have no shops that close, stupid City Centric regulations, one size does not fit all............

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I'm never go to run out of things to do on Big Mal, as I threw the brushes in the bin after doing underneath the floor with Chassis Black and Deadener, we are ready to get the hell out of here, when I thought nothing left to do, suddenly new curtains to hang and I discover that my perspex shower screen has a nice big horizontal crack across it, gaffa tape maybe ???????

Had a brain wave with painting underneath this time, no spray gun and paint brush I used a small roller, just cut in with a brush, hardly made any mess on concrete or me, I'm never doing it again thats it, all should be nicely sealed for another few years after that I won't care..........

@Drover ,I know how you feel about painting/sealing that sort of stuff on the underneath of your van. That's why I did 3 coats at that time while I had the enthusiasm to do it. Don't think I will have a need or desire to do it again!! Bugger of a job!!

Reactions: Drover

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
@Drover ,I know how you feel about painting/sealing that sort of stuff on the underneath of your van. That's why I did 3 coats at that time while I had the enthusiasm to do it. Don't think I will have a need or desire to do it again!! Bugger of a job!!
Hi,

I did make a start. I bought a pot of silver Dulux MetalShield several months ago to paint the axle. It is sitting on the table in my shed to keep reminding me of how lazy I am.

The closest I have been is on Tuesday when I jacked up each wheel of the Penguin and rotated the tyres to reduce flat spots.

take care
Mike

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Took me a few days to do it and that was with a couple of days inbetween to get enthused, used the boggy Deadener on the outer bits but what a pain, inside the chassis rails got the chassis black better job, did notice one blob on the heater exhaust so should burn off on the next test run...... I looked at my suspension and started but gave up, might come back to it but buy the black in spray cans be easier........... Before Ive done it with a spray gun, not a great idea unless you have some height.

I'm not built for laying on the ground anymore.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I painted under my Journey a couple of years back, it took me three days to get it done because I had t keep getting out from under to throw up. Laying on my back looking up with the constant smell of the bitumen ensured I would only do it once, if it fades or falls off, tough. Like @Drover, I am now modified for comfort and lying on hard ground with two and a half tonnes of van inches away from me Is not my idea of fun. :behindsofa: