Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I just gave up @Crusty181 when I was at the AWM, Maritime Museum and many others including the 2000 Olympics trinkets with Koalas, flags, boomerangs and stuff all Chinese made, even my Golly Gosh all American Icon Jeep has chink wheel rims ......................................... Reserve Force boots for a time were chink as well...................... its a sad state of affairs but my small boat ensign is hand made in SA.................. It's the symbol on the gear no matter where its made that I couldn't burn.

Years back its was the Jap tourists being taken to the Jap only tourist shops to buy Jap/Taiwainese Aussie trinkets.....has anything really changed ???

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Good Moaning all, time for my second cup of coffee after earlier noticing that Big Mal had been attacked under the cover of darkness by some UFC's (Unidentified Flying Cows) so out with the bucket and gear and gave Mal a good wash down, in doing so noticed that most of the clear sealant has gone mouldy, the original manufactirers stuff went mouldy long ago, the new stuff from the rebuild has too, some which i know to be all singing all dancing Sikaflex UV safe, non mouldy well it went yellow/brown in fact I haven't found any of the top name stuff to not get mould but a cheap, aussie tube of Roof and Gutter clear stuff $4.50 is still clear, outside in the weather for last 2 years, why didn't I note down its name, doh............. so once all the nice clean tank water is dried off I will give the polish bottle a work out late this arvo... I hate polishing.........

PS: How long would one of those cable junction boxes be good for out in the weather all the time, mine used to be hidden under a solar panel but after the refit the panel had to be moved so the box is out in the open, I was thinking change it maybe every 3 years to be safe. At the moment its one of those cube jobs with 2 screws holding down the box top but now I'm thinking changing it to a more robust type, lower profile and 4 screws holding down a square lid..... in fact might wander to Mitre 10 and have a squiz at what they have and swap it out, of course something will cause grief.....it is really a box full of silastic.

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Today 28/04/2020, is exactly 250 Years since Lieutenant James Cook, captain of the Barque Endeavour set foot on the Great South Land at Botany Bay.
I know that this historical fact is contrary to popular belief, regarding the date, however should we not be raising the ANF with pride and celebrating or at least recognising the beginings of our country.
Our schools and media have a lot to answer for! they separate us into tribes with no national pride, God help Australia!

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
As we were locked down for Anzac Day we wanted to fly our flag, over our personal shrine on the footpath, contacted our local federal member who supplied us with a full size Australian flag (made in Australia )to use and keep, just filled out a form saying who we were and what we wanted it for ,easy as.and no charge

Attachments

• 9290FBD6-2AE9-4ED2-98A3-49375F19F64E.jpeg
    9290FBD6-2AE9-4ED2-98A3-49375F19F64E.jpeg
    357.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 4121FC1F-BF63-40C2-92B0-241B76F4BE95.jpeg
    4121FC1F-BF63-40C2-92B0-241B76F4BE95.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 87
  • 69471264-6241-4833-9A99-FDCA6D269703.jpeg
    69471264-6241-4833-9A99-FDCA6D269703.jpeg
    523.8 KB · Views: 114

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Today 28/04/2020, is exactly 250 Years since Lieutenant James Cook, captain of the Barque Endeavour set foot on the Great South Land at Botany Bay.
I know that this historical fact is contrary to popular belief, regarding the date, however should we not be raising the ANF with pride and celebrating or at least recognising the beginings of our country.
Our schools and media have a lot to answer for! they separate us into tribes with no national pride, God help Australia!
Ironically I read only recently (the joys of isolation) the conflicting views that because Cook didn't take into account what we now are legally obliged to apply, the IDL, was he here on the 28th as he 'thought' at the time or on the 29th as we would adjust the date applied to the same event today ???

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

Well done that man............................... the date is immaterial so long as we beat the Froggies here on both occassions, something that would have given certain others something to really whinge about .......................

For all things ANF ........ http://www.anfa-national.org.au

Very interesting to see that the ANF became the Battle Ensign for the Royal Australian Navy in 1911.... they are a huge flag flown when the noise starts.

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Ironically I read only recently (the joys of isolation) the conflicting views that because Cook didn't take into account what we now are legally obliged to apply, the IDL, was he here on the 28th as he 'thought' at the time or on the 29th as we would adjust the date applied to the same event today ???
C

Cook, being a navigator, was working in GMT so would have known the local date, in fact I believe he was the first long distance navigator to have a chronometer.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
As we were locked down for Anzac Day we wanted to fly our flag, over our personal shrine on the footpath, contacted our local federal member who supplied us with a full size Australian flag (made in Australia )to use and keep, just filled out a form saying who we were and what we wanted it for ,easy as.and no charge

Checked out my local bloke site and if I want one may have to resort to skulduggery...

(quote) Individuals must provide a notarised Statutory Declaration confirming that they live in the Wide Bay electorate, have a flag pole, and that they have not received a flag through the Australian Government’s flag program within the past two years. (unquote)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Checked out my local bloke site and if I want one may have to resort to skulduggery...

(quote) Individuals must provide a notarised Statutory Declaration confirming that they live in the Wide Bay electorate, have a flag pole, and that they have not received a flag through the Australian Government’s flag program within the past two years. (unquote)

Seems you are over subscribed with all the requirements on hand ... disregard the fish hanging off the fishing pole thats clearly irrelevant here ... :boink:

flag pole
/ˈflaɡpəʊl/
noun. a pole used for flying a flag.

pole
/pəʊl/
noun. a long, slender, rounded piece of wood or metal, typically used with one end placed in the ground as a support for something. "a tent pole"
a long, slender, flexible rod of wood or fibreglass used by a competitor in pole-vaulting.
a young tree with a straight slender trunk and no lower branches.
"new poles should be protected from grazing livestock"
short for ski pole.
a wooden shaft fitted to the front of a cart or carriage drawn by animals and attached to their yokes or collars.
a simple fishing rod.
"they tell you on the tin that their tuna is entirely caught with pole and line"

1588043126164.png

1588043159834.jpeg

1588043231090.jpeg

1588043292738.jpeg

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
@Crusty181 someone has way too much time on their hands, now if you had retired a little earlier and moved into @Drover 's girlfriends state you could actually be fishing (with a pole) or going for a 50k drive or even playing golf with one other person to hold the flag pole while you attempt to sink that silly white ball into a cup you can't drink out of or even walking alone a foreshore drinking a takeaway coffee in shorts , ahhh this truley is the lucky state

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
@Crusty181 someone has way too much time on their hands, now if you had retired a little earlier and moved into @Drover 's girlfriends state you could actually be fishing (with a pole) or going for a 50k drive or even playing golf with one other person to hold the flag pole while you attempt to sink that silly white ball into a cup you can't drink out of or even walking alone a foreshore drinking a takeaway coffee in shorts , ahhh this truley is the lucky state
I

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Well didn’t that start a flurry of key tapping maybe our federal member , Andrew laming (liberal) who is surrounded by Anna chainaroundyourneck supporters council and state , labour persons is looking to keep a few residents happy , but I actually think that is was a special for Anzac Day as the official services were cancelled, my next flag I want to obtain is the Australian thin blue line flag ,as I do support their real job and the danger involved

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
A real dinky di bit of bunting would be nice and by this I mean the coloured bits are actual material sewn on not some screen printed stuff.... My Genuine Old Glory is a heavy bugga and I should have a proper AusWal job, its added to the list....Old Glory is fair dinkum Yanky, presented to me in a box with certificate by a friend many years back ...

20200428_162847.jpg

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
A real Yankee flag, ? now that must be fake news,but I never said that,I was only being sarcastic,and if you disagree with me you will be fired, by the way the Russians did it.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Are the beer cans empty? and only a seriously bored caravaner would spell it out in empty beer cans

That Dear Sir is part of my iconic XXXX can collection, I should have you know ... some depicting the great wins over those pesky blues beyond the gate and to stir all and sundry...................... of course they are bluddy empty..............

Last edited: