Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:car:

You'd be lost if you had to drive to work, no time to sit and dream of holidays, fishing and just looking out the window wishing you were in QLD.................. I wish I could book into parks, getting lazy about camping but I think a few days in a caravan park is needed every so often to motivate me back to off grid camping.... Bill shock would be the first scare then neighbour sharing his music or TV program with me would be enough, in fact just thinking about it, I won't book into Red Rock for the week I was thinking about...........
In the wash up of getting jerk around with our 2019/20 NSW nth coastal soire we got a spot for 2 nights at a c/park sth of Ulludulla ..... $106 per freaken night for an over-rated 3 star cabin heavy c/park.

Reactions: Drover and DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Morning from the packed Mombai express or the hospital ward on steel wheels i realy love the train .....
Today is booking day for many parks my phone will be flat out trying to get through why all parks have today got me buggered why not each company have diffrent days isnt that easy as we stay in many diffrent parks
Didn't re-book from this years c/parks ??

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
reminds me need to book Sep holidays.. We going through all the places that had fires.
prob go Canberra, Batesmans Bay, Merrimbulla (Pambula Motorfest on :) ) , Mallcoota and home
Anywhere else around there you think so? Was thinking do we go up towards Nowra and back.
Although not doing the hills into Nowra with the van coming from the Hume via Kangaroo Valley.
Might day trip up with car only to Fitzroy falls. Lovely up there.

Reactions: Drover and Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
reminds me need to book Sep holidays.. We going through all the places that had fires.
prob go Canberra, Batesmans Bay, Merrimbulla (Pambula Motorfest on :) ) , Mallcoota and home
Anywhere else around there you think so? Was thinking do we go up towards Nowra and back.
Although not doing the hills into Nowra with the van coming from the Hume via Kangaroo Valley.
Might day trip up with car only to Fitzroy falls. Lovely up there.
We came back through Kangaroo Valley a couple of weeks back, its a really lovely place .... although it would have been a fun drive following me up I expect, but at least it came with plenty of time to enjoy the views. Its a better route than over the Clyde towing from Batemans Bay toward Canberra tho

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Mum was born Patonga went their a lot as a kid. Probably should do Umina looked good when we drove past the other year.
Vans where lined up ready to go in.

great you got a big site. Yes need to plan and book for September soon.
Booked RACV Inverloch for a week in March holidays. Like it last year in-laws staying in the resort rooms :)

Reactions: Bluey

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
thanks @Bluey need to work out how much we want to drive then just sit in van park.
Pambula Motorfest Sunday 27th sep need to work around it he he
Grand Final 26th.. so rather be Merimbula those days.
Could always head back via Wollongong never been there before.
Done Nowra via a day trip with a mate who brought a engine we got stuck behind a few vans on the way in and out :)
Do Fitzroy falls etc with the kids be good.

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Wow @Crusty181 I'm gob smacked at that price but not surprised the whole NSW Coast is just a big price gouge..........

Braidwood Road is a great way to get to and fro from Nowra to Canberra beats the hell out of the Kings Hwy race track or traffic jam and the Picton Rd is the only way to get to the Gong from the Hume.... I used to drive my Tipper up, down and over Camberwarra Mtn/Kangaroo Valley on the way to Mittagong, at times the traffic banked up behind me would be a mile or so long................
There's a nice day drive from Kiama up to Jamberoo and over the mountain to Carrington Falls, used to hike there as a kid from Oak Flats, climbed the cliffs on rungs put in for the power line fellas, my mum was not impressed.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
This is one place thats on the bucket list along with another visit to Point Cook, https://www.b24australia.org.au/home , bugga of a location they are also looking for volunteers........ Its been 24 years of restoration so far.

60700073_2242304919368010_2229344204243337216_o.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Swag ... on a stretcher??? Have you gone completely mad. As soon as it is more then the thickness of a chunk of foam off the ground its a tent

That was my way of thinking but nowadays these things they call a Swag seem to be bigger than the 2 man tent I went hiking with, no slinging it over your pack now, need a Quad to carry the things..................my swag was a sleeping bag and a sheet of canvas, throw canvas on ground, lay out sleeping bag, lay on top and pull rest of canvas over you....... Not a hope in hadies nowadays though, no way am I getting that close to the ground..... I'd never get up again...:crutch: