Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I hate to say it but I wish I was down in Victoria this weekend, as on Sunday Feb 24 at the RAAF Museum Pt Cook they will have a P-51 Mustang, a RAAF aircraft which hasn't flown for some 15 years along with a F4U Corsair and a P40 Kittyhawk...

p51 107 sml.jpg

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Would be nice to hear a Merlin again, been a while. Went to the caravan show yesterday bought an AED from safety Dave, been looking at them for a while now, SWMBO has three stents so is a good insurance device. Got a good deal $350 off.
While there saw a DC3 fly over, sounded like it had P&W engines.
Didn't see @Bluey at Safety Daves

Reactions: davemc and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh yeah the Merlin does sound great and is a true showstopper............ though the howl of a Boomerang is something else wish I could post a sound bite ..... Would have liked a wander around a caravan show........

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We caught the train into the caravan show yesterday, and it was like a truly genuine adventure for us. Even having our local station only a 10min stroll away we never use trains ... that may now change, we had a ball. Yesterday we walked to the station, and hoping for success we rolled the public transport dice. We had to transit through Southern Cross .... "transit"?? thats what you do in international flights so I presume its the same. We were both like a cross between school kids and tourists. The Princess's Myki had no credit we discovered as we dodged the boom gates and ran up the ramp just as the train approached. We took the punt and rode the lines illegally. That was awesomely gangster of us as we rarely get the opportunity to go all Revolutionary and toe to toe with The Man or stick to the System. I sat in another carriage just in case, until after the Princess topped up online as we rattled along. To our surprise theres no Myki tapper inside the train .... bit weird we thought. We made it to Southern Cross, getting more gangster by the minute, particularly without the Gestapo detecting us. We landing in terminal 12, needing to departed at terminal 14 which we suspected could expose us as mature delinquents.

We $hat ourselves and tried to tap the Princess into the system at Southern Cross by reaching over the entry gates, but the credit hadn't applied by the time our Showgrounds electric steed would arrive .... so with a new sense of bravado the conspiracy offence number 2 was now being locked and loaded then we couldn't get out of terminal 12 to get to terminal 14 so we had to sheepishly approached an on deck Gestapo man, fully expecting that that would go south and we would possibly have to make a run for it .... he could not have been any less of a threat and he just happily and enthusiastically ushered us to the permanently open gate, that people were just filling thru. That crowd of people were ruining our level of Revolution. The credit had arrived by the time we left the Showgrounds so once again we could resume normal broadcasting, and denounce the unforgivable sins of the public transport system freeloaders.

Nothing to really see at the caravan show to be honest. We looked in a gazillion copies of the same vans regurgitated throughout the showgrounds just with different stickers and prices on them. It was impossible to find a so called "offroad van" that I couldn't find many reasons for them to break off road. One interesting thing was Elite caravans proud as punch haven risen from going broke under new ownership, more a reflection of our apathy and short memories than their audacity. I struggle to see how a completely unknown newly invented brand could possibly be more on the nose than a brand that's already gone broke, and taken peoples money to the liquidation grave.

Jayco have ditched the Adventurer (a prediction I made here not long after they appeared, just saying) in favour of a slightly pimped up version of the Outback which is called an All Terrain and seems to be limited to different stickers, higher price and 150mm drawbar. I predicted Jayco's Adventurer experiment would flush a golden one off opportunity to smash their way into the high end off road van segment, and they certainly haven't disappointed.

Anyways, the day was awesome and we may go again next year (or next weekend for that matter) for no other reason to utilise our newly acquired public transport adventure skills

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Oh yeah the Merlin does sound great and is a true showstopper............ though the howl of a Boomerang is something else wish I could post a sound bite ..... Would have liked a wander around a caravan show........

They had one of those on a pole outside the gate to Williamtown, didn't seem to howl much. LOL.
Probably mostly air noise due to big round engine and short stubby airlpane

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We caught the train into the caravan show yesterday, and it was like a truly genuine adventure for us.

A Train !!!!...... Surely your pulling the Myki ?????????

They had one of those on a pole outside the gate to Williamtown, didn't seem to howl much. LOL.
Probably mostly air noise due to big round engine and short stubby airlpane

You are very close to the truth, its supposed to be the wind at the gun ports. very cool anyway.

I went today so would have been hard to see me on saturday we where at the gates 915 am ready for opening 930 im going back back in monday to swap my monitor over and get a new mat for the van get rid of that heavy rubber one i know extra money to get in but im getting a new monitor so money well spent i reckon oh whats a AED

You should have been with the Crusty one to show him how to catch things properly on the Iron Horse.......plague, lice, toe jam...lol,lol,lol........

Reactions: Crusty181 and Bluey

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Yep found out ahhhhh the wife told me
Now the caravan show today brought a new annexe mat made from recycled plastic will be ditching that heavy rubber one 6 meters by 2.4 they will send it as they didnt have the design i wanted get it in a few days nice to bye from the old fella who makes them .......
SAFETY DAVE i carnt sing his praises enough to swap an old monitor for a compleate new unit that clips on the rear view mirror for mrs Bluey in the prado was just great 5 stars to him he didnt have to but he said he would and did all new wireing as my older stuff wasnt right for new unit its a bit chunky on the mirror but once we get used to it it will be fine it can take 2 cameras i will rig up the van with a camera for the cruiser and prado with nothing stuck to windscreen cruiser has a dash cam that wifis to the phone for a bigger screen for hooking up .....
I also brought a PRO VENT catch can for the cruiser nice wanted one for ages a few more bits and peices like a clothes line that clips onto the awning arms
12 bucks to get in today its 22 other days so mondays the day to go
Im a happy camper for now

I also bought a provent catch can for the new truck on Saturday, they didn't have one in stock at the show so are mailing it out to me.
Won't get the new truck till first week in March.

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Having fitted a number of catch cans I can honestly say of you can get a mount kit (and don't mind forking out for them) then get one, making one to fit is just bluddy difficult and hate to say it but fitting one to a Colorado is just the biggest bustard of a job.

I do find it difficult to understand how replacing a flow thru hose with a can that must have a pressure and vacuum valve, I just can't see the need honestly they could actually cause more trouble, I deleted my vacuum valve and used decent hose so no chance of kinks................. and the drain tap on mine is actually tthe old 3 way tank tap off my old 14.44, it would suck air when the van pump was on but is working okay as a oil tap.......... using the same plastic joiners that you would use on the water tank lines on your van , (the garden pipe bits from Pope) work well on the catch can hoses, been using them for many years without drama, so no need for expensive brass fittings.......

Reactions: Johnanbev

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Having fitted a number of catch cans I can honestly say of you can get a mount kit (and don't mind forking out for them) then get one, making one to fit is just bluddy difficult and hate to say it but fitting one to a Colorado is just the biggest bustard of a job.

I do find it difficult to understand how replacing a flow thru hose with a can that must have a pressure and vacuum valve, I just can't see the need honestly they could actually cause more trouble, I deleted my vacuum valve and used decent hose so no chance of kinks................. and the drain tap on mine is actually tthe old 3 way tank tap off my old 14.44, it would suck air when the van pump was on but is working okay as a oil tap.......... using the same plastic joiners that you would use on the water tank lines on your van , (the garden pipe bits from Pope) work well on the catch can hoses, been using them for many years without drama, so no need for expensive brass fittings.......

Agreed about the mount, I have a HPD catch can on the current truck having transferred it from the previous vehicle. It came with a mount braket that used the base bolts holding the coolant tank to the engine bay, quite a neat set up. The provent has a bracket in the kit so am waiting to see how effective and easy to install it will be. The kit goes on the other side of the engine [battery side]

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well they dont for all vehicles and depends on who you buy it from but pretty safe with a Common Old Cruiser every one has oarts for them, just change your fuel filter more often than Toyota reckons....

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
We went to Queenslif for weekend and had a great relaxing time and so I missed the show. We went there on Friday night and returned late Sunday after a good weekend. Went to the reception to ask how late I could check out and they said 10am, stretch to 12pm.

I asked about paying for day use and they had not heard about it but were willing to consider it. I got a call later to tell me for $10 I could stay till 4pm. Raced to the office before they changed their mind.

We had a great weekend!

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
honestly if you are heading off Sunday a lot of parks not getting people in to replace you.
You think some be smart charge $20 or something you can go at 5-6pm. More then they will make for a empty site
yes, more people might go away for the weekend if they do not have to leave at 10 on a Sunday. Might even go down Saturday if they have the full day Sunday.

Reactions: davemc

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Had a nice day at the Salt Water Bath, took the Jeeperific for a sand run, a rare thing nowadays, phone has gone weird so not happy......but heres some pics for the workers enjoyment, Middle Rocks towards Double Island......and Jeeperific basking in the sunshine.

Damn phone went legs up so lost the other pics I was going to annoy you with, happened before they got Googled to the cloud, bummer.........Performing software surgery on phone to bring it back to life otherwise gets handed over to Dr Winchester for final solution...

PS: Saved phone, so thats means I have saved a couple of hundred $$$ to spend on something else, have been told NO though.

20200228_145911.jpg

Last edited: