Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland

A couple of months ago, I was proud to say "Queensland - beautiful one day, perfect the next!". Now unfortunately, it is a case of "Queensland, was beautiful once, now a perfect place for bloody firestorms!" TOTAL FIRE BANS IN A GREAT NUMBER OF PLACES IN THIS STATE AND IN OUR GREAT BUSH CAMPING SITES AS WELL AS SUBURBAN AND COUNTRY AREAS. That means NO fires OF ANY TYPE in those places, because if you have a fire and it gets away, there will be a lot more devastated and blackened ground in this state. Please be careful and obey the rules, so we can recover and all enjoy the great outdoors. Stay safe.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well said @Boots in Action , arsonists and looters should have serious actions taken on the spot....... If the pine forests surrounding us go up we are stuffed in this wind.....so many stupid campers up here who can't go without a fire......

Is your favourite camp ground threatened ???

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Well said @Boots in Action , arsonists and looters should have serious actions taken on the spot....... If the pine forests surrounding us go up we are stuffed in this wind.....so many stupid campers up here who can't go without a fire......

Is your favourite camp ground threatened ???

Thanks @Drover and all the others who realize the dangers not only to our favourite places but to the peoples' homes/lives and the gutsy Firies doing their best to quell the flames. Both my close favourite camping spots are tinder dry with little or no water in the creeks and waterholes, so any idiot lighting "a little camp fire" has no brains at all. With that strong wind and a blowing spark, whole hills will just explode in flames - damaged for years - and not recover in my lifetime! Jimna on the western side of the Connondale Range has large areas of high dry grass and dry eucalyptus trees around the camping area and huge plantations of Bunya and Hoop pines which would burn fiercely. Booloumba Creek on the eastern side has hills of dry grass in and around rain forest area where I like to camp. Rain forest is not supposed to burn, but look at Binna Burra and possibly O'Reilley's. I just pray it does not happen.
I note your concern @Drover with forest pines. Fire in the tops is fast moving and almost impossible to control (crowning?) so hopefully no idiot does anything in the coastal heath and Paper Bark forests close to you. @DRW, no doubt you saw how dry it was at Baffle Creek on your latest camping trip. Probably good that you are not there now. Those having no regard for the rules and no bluddy common sense should be locked up and/or made to replant whole areas to rehabilitate burnt out areas. Sorry guys, I just get so angry that some campers have no regard for the environment , let alone the destruction they can cause. Bleat! Bleat!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
RV Daily in my mail box today so I spy an article about brake controllers, sit back for a read, just another fluff article which really didn't say much at all, as usual but it did mention the NSW has repealed the law regarding the need for a battery monitor and alarm for the breaksafe battery...........

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Morning wheres all @Crusty181 s pics of his travells and whats he up to where is he not broken down i hope not any pics since that one camping with Russel Coight
After some long km's and scrub camping we now in Yulara, ironically on a $70 per night dust blown crap hole worse than any of the free scrub camps

The original was to next hit Kings Canyon and take the Mereenie Loop into the West Macs, but the word is the Loop Rd is in terrible conditiin and its a bit early in the Troopys life to give it a hiding. The plan is to head back to Marla and slide down the Oodnadatta and into the Flinders.

Boiling the water for a road side cuppa with the van doesnt usually involve hiding from the wind in a public toilet
20190907_141512.jpg

Our first camp off the Stuart Hwy, an hour sth of Woomera
20190908_071808.jpg

Woke up to Dingo footprints thru camp and almost on top of me
20190908_080935.jpg

The iconic Coober Pedy photo op
20190908_171737.jpg

I took the Troopy to be blessed at the underground church, but they asked me (as the Troopy owner) the bless them
20190909_095024.jpg

Camping just over the SA/NT border. Great spot, far enough off the road and plenty of firewood
20190909_172515.jpg

Just because i camping and many standards have to lower, my coffee isnt one of them
20190910_080204.jpg

20190910_081828.jpg

Sunrise at the rock
20190911_063529-resized-2048.jpg

Like the ticket line for an Englebert Humperdink concert
20190911_101018.jpg

The Troopy may seem a little out of place around the city, but its most certainly not unique up around here .... they everywhere
20190911_103456.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
be careful not the summon the Crack'an

Bring it, bring it on I say .............................. We need a laugh amongst the wind, dust and smoke over here .................. lilly white victorian amongst the dusty red centre. ............................... and thats just you standing up mind.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have also found the missing pic of the Body Beautiful ( with dark hair and Mo so its an oldie) showering on Teewah Beach, must have been winter and cold water, the girls at K Mart photo shop developed it so it was a cold day...... It was on film, not digital but is in colour..... So be warned.

Reactions: Crusty181

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I have also found the missing pic of the Body Beautiful ( with dark hair and Mo so its an oldie) showering on Teewah Beach, must have been winter and cold water, the girls at K Mart photo shop developed it so it was a cold day...... It was on film, not digital but is in colour..... So be warned.
Maybe some one can photoshop you and the crusty one standing together butt naked

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Well ????

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I was just about to hit enter and a voice said " Don't you dare !!!!! " ....................

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looking at the pics of the parking lot, the locals drive Jazz's, Corolla's and the City Slickers drive rigs they dream they need for rural Australia ????????

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Latest RV Daily actually has a good article by someone who did battle with a van builder and won.... Should never have taken delivery in the first place which he said but stuck to his guns...

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Dont know if a Jeep Grand Cherokee 700hp TrackHawk would look real good towing the Discovery Outback ?Going up to the Gold Coast next week might call in and test drive one.
The last day of our 6 week trip around west and nth Qld in the Broadwater Caravan Pk Southport saw what would have to be the most mis matched over weight rig ever. Paramount Tribute 24 foot van brand new, they weigh in empty around 3900 towed by a Rang Rover.Even Paramount say on their web site,tow vehicles should be truck like the big Rams,GMC etc.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Dont know if a Jeep Grand Cherokee 700hp TrackHawk would look real good towing the Discovery Outback ?Going up to the Gold Coast next week might call in and test drive one.
The last day of our 6 week trip around west and nth Qld in the Broadwater Caravan Pk Southport saw what would have to be the most mis matched over weight rig ever. Paramount Tribute 24 foot van brand new, they weigh in empty around 3900 towed by a Rang Rover.Even Paramount say on their web site,tow vehicles should be truck like the big Rams,GMC etc.

Very nice engine, I'd have one and if I could afford one I would sell Big Mal and get another Tardis, the TrackHawk couldn't tow Mal but a van around 2.5 would be okay, have to be a pop top Expanda otherwise I would blow the roof off when I hit the peddle........................Bit more tow cap than Playdoh but doing it with style.................. VvvvRooom

As for the Paramount, don't mention it to them as they get very indignant and inform you that you don't have a clue because the Dealer said it would be good with a Range Rover, Cruiser/Patrol..........