Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I looked at that and actually thought I should highlight that, someone may miss read it ................. I thought the border Force was to keep your Greenie Wierdos from leaving.
No the Greenies are like misguided Isis fighters .... very welcome to leave anytime you like, we just sometimes forget to tell not to expect to get back in

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Here you go, just what the Dunny ordered and what I've said for ages....

https://www.rvbooks.com.au/page/napisan-a-professor-s-view/
Yep, read this article ages ago. Bought a 1kg jar from Coles based on that article, but we have never used it since we keep getting a few 250ml sample containers of the chemicals that Thetford or Dometic sell when we go to the camping shows. We tend to mostly camp at sites that have toilets.

cheers
Mike

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I used Sodium Percarbonate to wash my beer bottles for my home brew (available from the home brew shop), and put it in the dunny in the van as well, I have since stopped washing my beer bottles, I just rinse them after use and before re filling rince them with Milton baby bottle cleaner, I find it got rid of the chemical taste. Now when we were at the Tamworth Country Music Festival in January the sodium Percarbonate was not even close to the task in the extreme heat and a stationary van, I have since gone full chemical (the green one septic safe) and find it works way better, I just watch the specials at Supercheap as they seem to be the cheapest.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thing is it depends how much gets put in and like the commercial ones 3 day limit but when its stinking bluddy hot like the 40's I dump daily or give it a recharge.... I do like the sachet jobs though........... I buy the big keg of Aldi stuff when on special doubles as laundry stuff .....

Might have been what you were eating @DRW, grits and hog flaps tend to be a bit strong ........................:p:p:D:behindsofa: .....................:boink:

Reactions: Crusty181

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Thing is it depends how much gets put in and like the commercial ones 3 day limit but when its stinking bluddy hot like the 40's I dump daily or give it a recharge.... I do like the sachet jobs though........... I buy the big keg of Aldi stuff when on special doubles as laundry stuff .....
You might not have noticed that the price per kg for the big container of the Aldi stuff when on "special" is actually the same price per kg as buying it in handy 1kg containers. It is also a smidge cheaper again to buy the Coles brand which has a slightly higher percentage of Sodium Percarbonate.

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
3kg for about $3 is good enough for me.........32% percarbonate is the magic number besides Coles us 60 km away, which is a dumb statement as Aldi is too..

Reactions: mikerezny

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
3kg for about $3 is good enough for me.........32% percarbonate is the magic number besides Coles us 60 km away, which is a dumb statement as Aldi is too..
That is certainly a good deal. My recollection was that it was $8.99 for 3kg on "special" for what is normally $2.99 for a 1kg container.

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Nah, pretty sure last lot I got was somewhere around the $3.50 mark, I allow a Kg a month when we are on the road, decant into the smaller containers though as I make a mess trying to use the big one................ Though I have used the cheap Woolies one so long as its 32% its all same,same............ Would prefer the sachets, green ones but gets a bit expensive if you are on the road for 3 months or so especially when no where near the coast and buying bulk for 3 months is scary at the till.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Whats that @Crusty181 in earlier post somthing about comming out is there somthing you want to tell us or is it your car thats comming out of the boat
Yes Sir, the Super Truck will land at the end of the week and find its way to the dealer tomorrow week. The dealer give me trade plates and ill run it around Monday for the upgrades and federal compliance stuff.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You're funny. For you I'm getting a 1m x 1m framed poster for you to hang in the lounge room, and a smaller pic for your wallet

Actually forget the shovel, I'll hang it in my shed along with my Jeep and Ford flags and stubbie holder collection, a place of pride really............... The white and green flag might be flying again .

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Actually forget the shovel, I'll hang it in my shed along with my Jeep and Ford flags and stubbie holder collection, a place of pride really............... The white and green flag might be flying again .
Hola vamos, sí señor, I'm with you. Viva Bandera Provincia de Los Rios .... yeeeeeeee ha

1280px-Bandera_de_Los_Ríos.svg.png

PS A 'mate' has asked me to remind again him why we're flying an Ecuadorian flag ... I said I'd find out
images.jpeg

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I bought a Jeep, the dealership registered it for me, no sure why @Crusty181 has to do it all himself must be a Toyota thing lol
Not just that, I really get involved. I'm driving the forklift at the dock, the flat top to the dealer, Im doing the pre-delivery clean and detail. The drivers and passenger milk crates looked reasonably comfy, but the joke was on me the seats are coming separately next week so they'll need to go in later. Is none of this normal ??? But even with all that combined, I'm still grateful it isn't a Jeep ... meep meep. :boink:

Reactions: mikerezny