Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Now @BJM and @DRW and a few others will nod heads wisely while others will wish they too had a JEEP............:cheer2:

Read and weep you knockers...................:becky:........................ https://www.caradvice.com.au/880606...tm_source=Nine-Front-Page&utm_medium=Referral .......................:clap2:....:couch2:

No prize for seconds or tardy remarks, suck eggs......:behindsofa:......:bounce: :bounce:
You'd be pretty stoked if you'd made the judgment call that a Merc or Volvo purchase was a good idea. Do either of them even made a model that isnt on that list

Just to be clear the LC70 recall was just to look at them one more time, cause they're awesome.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Well yesterday just drove from Biggenden to JB Dam Jeep didn’t break down once! The number of WKs towing this trip nearly outnumbers the LCs they must be happy as they all wave ! !Mate has 2 year old Hilux just been asked to join class action over dpf , next day gets a letter from Toyo don’t worry we will fix your vehicle free for next five years or great deal on a new one . More interesting numbers sold against problems.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
Makes interesting reading JD Powers reviews................................. thankfully, so far, touch wood, coffee capsule machines are my only reliability problemo, vehicles have always been pretty good, last time I had to bang on a dealers desk was back in 82, also the last time I took a vehicle to a dealer......

Son In Law just bought new Rangers for his business, after 2 lots of D Max's, Ford gave a better deal but he's had to throw new suspension under them as the OE is too spongy for builders work and towing, his D Max's at least saw out 12mths before he had to replace the Fords about 3 months.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Cars Guide. Audi, Holden, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota and Volkswagen all scored four stars while BMW and Ford got just three stars. That's a surprisingly good result for Holden reliability and suggests it might be moving in the right direction since it stopped building cars locally.

Um, moving in the right direction ???? ..... aside from "away", which direction is that

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Well yesterday just drove from Biggenden to JB Dam Jeep didn’t break down once! The number of WKs towing this trip nearly outnumbers the LCs they must be happy as they all wave ! !Mate has 2 year old Hilux just been asked to join class action over dpf , next day gets a letter from Toyo don’t worry we will fix your vehicle free for next five years or great deal on a new one . More interesting numbers sold against problems.
Cars Guide. Down in the cellar of reliability are Australian brands - which effectively are now American brands, which occasionally import some European-built cars - and… American brands, like Jeep, which has a truly woeful reliability record.

Those people out in the back of big waves at the surf beach floating out to sea .... they must be all happy to :bolt:

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Wouldn’t be a happy Holden Colorado Ute ,Suv owner ,purchase one one day,obsolete the next with little or no trade in value .This survey is a year old at least ,as I said means little unless numbers sold are compared against complaints.

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
This is what arrived in the park at Milli last night.! SLRV 4x 4 .Commander .Thought the Dakar rally had arrived !Mid seventies Dutch couple with too much money.Made on Gold Coast exported around the world.Bargain price around $700000.00 big ones.Taking orders now.Very good for taking direct routes from a to b

Attachments

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
I use the van mostly now days for playing the radio in the back yard while im doing stuff out there so thats working well it comes in handy but i did make a better parking spot for it when its out of the pergola it used to near bog itself sinking in the dirt bit of conk two nice sleepers its done now it can sit there evan longer i brought the lazer home from work sits nice and level now

Attachments

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
This is what arrived in the park at Milli last night.! SLRV 4x 4 .Commander .Thought the Dakar rally had arrived !Mid seventies Dutch couple with too much money.Made on Gold Coast exported around the world.Bargain price around $700000.00 big ones.Taking orders now.Very good for taking direct routes from a to b
@Crusty181 , you will be placing an order for one of these very soon won't you??

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I use the van mostly now days for playing the radio in the back yard while im doing stuff out there so thats working well it comes in handy but i did make a better parking spot for it when its out of the pergola it used to near bog itself sinking in the dirt bit of conk two nice sleepers its done now it can sit there evan longer i brought the lazer home from work sits nice and level now
I don’t think those wooden maxtrax are going to work in sand @Bluey

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Back over the border at Texas yesterday.Hard decision .Now in Inverell,town buzzing as is Inverell Caravan park ,chocka with NSW rigs on the move.Hope this isnt indicative of caravaning from now on ,free camps full ,cpks full,

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh well, never to return to QLD , well at least for a few months @BJM..................Suppose the Texas camp by the river was chockas, usually is at this time of year...................................... I think when the gates open we will be inundated by those lurking around the border soon to be followed by a massive horde of Victorians when they can eventually escape their exile from the rest of the country, going to be great times I think for sure ................................ School holidays kick off in NSW at end of month so if its packed now what will it be like then....

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Worse still will be that CPs will be jacking up the prices. The horde of new campers won't care because it is still cheaper than an overseas holiday.
CP owners will be squeezing in more sites. More dogs, more screaming kids and packed in so tight you can smell and hear everything next door, including the TV and the also an AC going all night. That will continue until there is a major fire.
The CP will still be pursuing their vendetta to close down every free camp.
And the NP will have so many campers they will also jack up their prices.

Probably time to sell the Penguin. Except, down in Melbourne we are unlikely to be out of confinement this side of Christmas so traveling to buy a van is prohibited, as is just about everything else.

take care
Mike

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Crusty181 , you will be placing an order for one of these very soon won't you??
It could fit into that demographic where the only people that have $700k in excess disposable coin, are the most likely people that you'll never find anywhere near the places that thing is designed to go. Me, on the other hand am risking my life just trying to wash the Troopy's roof

I looked at an Isuzu 4x4 body truck, make new chassis for Big Mal and fit it to back of Isuzu but they wanted too much for crane hire.
We met some folk on our lap with a 4x4 Isuzu towing a van. Fantastic setup and I was absolutely 120% sold on that when we got home I be ibuying one and setting it up for touring. We hired the Isuzu 200 series delivery ..... and Im driving a Troopy now. The Troopy is not the worlds best drivers vehicle (yes, amazing I know), but its a $hit ton better than that horrific Isuzu to drive

followed by a massive horde of Victorians
We'll be on our way soon enough
c660f992-d90e-4196-98b0-96e2cc9494c2-large16x9_1280x960_71127P00DPOEO (1).jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I didnt mean one if those dinky Isuzu bread trucks, something in the 4x4 N series line up................
I reckon when the gates open up here Ill have a clear run to my fav spots in NSW and Vic........mates reckon its no different trying to camp up here, .not the usual number plates but still heaps.