Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I'm never go to run out of things to do on Big Mal, as I threw the brushes in the bin after doing underneath the floor with Chassis Black and Deadener, we are ready to get the hell out of here, when I thought nothing left to do, suddenly new curtains to hang and I discover that my perspex shower screen has a nice big horizontal crack across it, gaffa tape maybe ???????

Had a brain wave with painting underneath this time, no spray gun and paint brush I used a small roller, just cut in with a brush, hardly made any mess on concrete or me, I'm never doing it again thats it, all should be nicely sealed for another few years after that I won't care..........
@Drover ,I know how you feel about painting/sealing that sort of stuff on the underneath of your van. That's why I did 3 coats at that time while I had the enthusiasm to do it. Don't think I will have a need or desire to do it again!! Bugger of a job!!

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
@Drover ,I know how you feel about painting/sealing that sort of stuff on the underneath of your van. That's why I did 3 coats at that time while I had the enthusiasm to do it. Don't think I will have a need or desire to do it again!! Bugger of a job!!
Hi,

I did make a start. I bought a pot of silver Dulux MetalShield several months ago to paint the axle. It is sitting on the table in my shed to keep reminding me of how lazy I am.

The closest I have been is on Tuesday when I jacked up each wheel of the Penguin and rotated the tyres to reduce flat spots.

take care
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
Took me a few days to do it and that was with a couple of days inbetween to get enthused, used the boggy Deadener on the outer bits but what a pain, inside the chassis rails got the chassis black better job, did notice one blob on the heater exhaust so should burn off on the next test run...... I looked at my suspension and started but gave up, might come back to it but buy the black in spray cans be easier........... Before Ive done it with a spray gun, not a great idea unless you have some height.

I'm not built for laying on the ground anymore.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I painted under my Journey a couple of years back, it took me three days to get it done because I had t keep getting out from under to throw up. Laying on my back looking up with the constant smell of the bitumen ensured I would only do it once, if it fades or falls off, tough. Like @Drover, I am now modified for comfort and lying on hard ground with two and a half tonnes of van inches away from me Is not my idea of fun. :behindsofa:

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
ON, ON the ground not IN , you daft wood butcher.................... Be laying on the beach next week actually, do you want pics ??????
Hi,

In what sense do you mean laying? The mind boggles at a beach full of little Drovers hatching and making their way down to the water to continue the naval tradition of their father.
:behindsofa::behindsofa::behindsofa::bolt:
take care
Mike

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Glad i watched that bush machanics i used to watch it that main machanic in blue overalls his name is Francis Kelly i spent a lot of time with him at Newhaven station filming dingo docos he said it was initiation country we where lucky to be there not a real lot of white men been out there where we where i will find some pics but wont post them here off topic will be the place so the wider net carnt see them

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
Chuck the wood and fit a reverse cycle, best thing I ever did years back, no wood chopping, no snake hunts, no red backs to worry about.............but I did use collapsible metal pallet boxes as my wood shed, they could be put together like meccano to build a 4 pallet sized shed.....

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Guess where I will be soon as I can cross the Border on possibly June 12 unless we can cut loose up here................

View attachment 65151

with Canberra (kids), Temora (Planes), Coolamon (Cheese) and Bourke (Fishing) on the list with a possible Menindee (tourist) and Nhill (more planes)on the list
What about Point Cook ?? 10 bucks a night to camp in my driveway water and power extra lol