Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We got the tyres changed over on the van yesterday by a mobile unit. Just went 14" again as too hard to organise new rims, brakes and tyres.
Expecting to get away Melb Cup weekend.
Then Dan says he cannot see travel to regional Vic by Grand Final weekend or Melb Cup weekend.

His roadmap says if we step 3 we can and we should hit step 3 by 19th Oct. So what he re-writing it again
From his toadmap..
Intrastate travel: Allowed across Third Step area (can’t travel to areas with higher restrictions)

The other thing people missed was regional do not go last step unless the whole state is ZERO for 14 days.
Move from Third Step to Last Step if we reach no new cases for 14 days (state-wide)
At least a three-week gap between changes

Unless he planing for them to go earlier like they should.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Who thinks they are getting good value for money from their insurer

I use Defence Service Homes Insurance for everything, Van premium dropped and value stayed the same....... Claims are hassle free which is a wonder as its underwritten by QBE....... before vehicles with RACQ, claims could be a drama but moved to same as property as better deal, wish I had done ity earlier.

Just went 14" again as too hard to organise new rims, brakes and tyres.

Changing from 14 to 15 would only mean rims and tyres, brakes stay the same, just have to find rims the same stud pattern, off set isn't a drama really..
Vans have only 2 sizes in brakes 10" and 12" and if you look very closely the brake area is the same in both...............so the friction area is the same in both......

I would ship my van north, make a monza sale and buy a new one in a years time when you can get to use it again.............. just jokin....it could be longer, whens the next election in Vic?

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Changing from 14 to 15 would only mean rims and tyres, brakes stay the same, just have to find rims the same stud pattern, off set isn't a drama really..
Vans have only 2 sizes in brakes 10" and 12" and if you look very closely the brake area is the same in both...............so the friction area is the same in both......
Been looking for some alloy rims with tyres for the last year. Would of done the brakes and ESC change over if I could find some that fitted.
$1500 for new rims and tyres.. More for better tyres.. $454 for 5 Kumho KC53 done from Kmart mobile. Not like we taken the Starcraft off road.
Done a few gravel tracks.
Did mobile so did not have to take the van anywhere and explain to police why in Vic :)

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
The BT50 is back.......................and looking an little different. All nice and shiny right now
Nothing inside at the moment other than a fridge drop slide and a slide on the other side for the gen set.
There will be more photos as it gets set up

IMG_2538.JPG

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
No Davemc. It is a 2020 model GTR. It is the last of the this current version. March 2020 production
Quite funny actually........... under the bonnet it has so FOMOCO stamped on so many parts. Even the side window have The Ford Motor Company brand on them.

Reactions: davemc

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looks good, if you find the reflection too much coming in the back window, I put some of that black non skid shelf stuff across my window, like that white stuff with holes but mine was black without holes, double sided tape to hold it, cut down the glare and heat and looked good.

Using all the old Ranger parts .................... My Colorado had Isuzu stamped everywhere.........................

Reactions: Disco Duck

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Only thing around to take pics of.......you certainly dont want a pic of the bikini that walked past, my sight is just returning...:crushed:

Reactions: mfexpanda

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Looks good, if you find the reflection too much coming in the back window, I put some of that black non skid shelf stuff across my window, like that white stuff with holes but mine was black without holes, double sided tape to hold it, cut down the glare and heat and looked good.

Using all the old Ranger parts .................... My Colorado had Isuzu stamped everywhere.........................

I'm going to have to do that Drover. We went for a drive today got reflection through the back window but it was worse when it got dark. Oncoming headlights were reflected straight back into the rearview mirror, so that had to be moved. I will use your idea.

Maybe your Jeep just says Jeep because no one else wants to be involved ?? Just asking..................

Last edited:

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Drover,Funny ,I saw a couple of motor homes with upside down pink dolls attached to the nudge bars,maybe they are mates of the guy on your J ? pink teeshirts seem to be gaining popularity too.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'm going to have to do that Drover. We went for a drive today got reflection through the back window but it was worse when it got dark. Oncoming headlights were reflected straight back into the rearview mirror, so that had to be moved. I will use your idea

Here's another mod, I fitted a 90deg cam just under the back which connected to a screen where the rear view mirror was mounted, it took the place of my mirror and was invaluable, best mod for sure.... I didn't use a reversing cam (120 deg) ,useless as a rear view cam and the screen was an actual screen not some dinky little thing, bought from Brash Imports, should be a mod on my Ute thread............

PS: Get stuffed...........................its a Jeep thing.

pink teeshirts seem to be gaining popularity too.

There will be no pink T shirts or undies on this fella except for The 4x4 Pink Run Dirty Downunder FWD Club have on Teewah Beach................ The Mascot is Wolverine (Ive been told by grandkids) , was found hiding in a corner of my old shed when cleaned out so it got zip tied to the aerial on the Ute now the Jeep.....

Great unwashed descend upon us from today so no going to the beach until they head back to their Colorbond caves..

Reactions: Disco Duck

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So daylight saving starts this weekend when the jokes of QLD being behind start up, funny thing is we are still ahead.....

Todays picnic spot Tin Can Bay..... Grandkids go home on Monday so far away.......
16016070008181885655132.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Okay, on another note, something we can all get involved with no matter where we live, even in a Colorbond Jungle and something for kids to get involved in..
19-25 October is the Aussie Backyard Bird Count............................

https://aussiebirdcount.org.au/ or you can even do the mobile App thing ,"Aussie Bird Count" at the App Store or Google Play.

Reactions: 1DayIll