Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Alicia Nikon.jpg

My Daughter Alicia having a play with her Birthday present
Moore river 1.jpg

The River broke through to the ocean while we were there which seemed to get all the Kids overly excited so much so that Dads jumping into the raging torrent to save their, and other's kids from being swept out to sea
Moore river 2.jpg

Moore river 3.jpg

A view of our site from the lookout
Moore river 4.jpg

The River mouth from the lookout

Moore river 5.jpg

Another shot from the lookout looking over the Park and the River

Paul

Jun 10, 2013
Ipswich
View attachment 18470
My Daughter Alicia having a play with her Birthday present
View attachment 18471
The River broke through to the ocean while we were there which seemed to get all the Kids overly excited so much so that Dads jumping into the raging torrent to save their, and other's kids from being swept out to sea
View attachment 18472

View attachment 18473
A view of our site from the lookout
View attachment 18474
The River mouth from the lookout

View attachment 18475

Another shot from the lookout looking over the Park and the River

Thats a nice place mate. Where abouts is that

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Thats a nice place mate. Where abouts is that
Hi Paul The town is called Guilderton which is on the mouth of the Moore river about 90kms north of Perth I've been going there since I was a little tacker, Mum & Dad used to take us up there for day trips when we were little , it was the 1st place I drove my car to out of the city when I got my Licence. It's about 150kms from where I live now but probably the closest costal town to us (not including the Perth) so nice and easy for a weekend trip.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Question....

How does the quad copter go in terms of distance?

Ever got into a bad situation with it and nearly lost it? What was the outcome?

These are fun and versatile devices, of course the more you spend the more range you can get from them. Have seen them go as far as 400mtrs, used with the aid of goggle vision (which is a camera mounted to the front of copter).
As for bad situation, some of the top end range copters main control borads have RTB (return to base), a function which is a switch that has been calibrated as you start flying (GPS coordinates stored), so you stand in the one location and it'll fly back to you once engaged.

Pace.

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Question....

How does the quad copter go in terms of distance?

Ever got into a bad situation with it and nearly lost it? What was the outcome?

Hi @expanda it has a range of 300m and a built in GPS so if it goes out of range or loses contact with the transmitter it will fly back to where you took off from, hover for 15sec 20m above the ground and then land.

Video here when it got too far away to see which direction it was flying so I switched off the transmitter and it came home I now have a two motor Gimbal for it so video is now a lot more stable