Fraser or bust

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Might sound like a stupid question, but I assume there is no fuel available on the island?

I know of 2 places, Eurong and Cathedrals on Fraser where we stayed.
Price for petrol and diesel at Cathedrals was $2.20 p/l a few days ago and Eurong was $1.98 p/l for diesel.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Came face to face with this little bastard today at the Knife blade sand blow. He storked us all the way back to the carpark and this was taken with phone camera, no fancy camera gear here
IMG_20171003_125917.jpg

Last edited:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Ummm, maybe....
No, wouldn't have dared, as I got bogged a couple of times. We did see a few vans along the beach in the free camps, which we wandered how they got there.
We stayed at Cathedrals in a family tent, good place. We thought we'd do the right thing and stay in the middle of the island, but didn't realise how long it took to get to places on the island. If we were to do it again, we break it up to 3 separate places, lower, middle and top of the Island.
Yeah we did 4 nights with 4 different camps and made a loop out of them.

Reactions: greynt

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Straight down the Fossickers Way, great camping and it's not a highway.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Straight down the Fossickers Way, great camping and it's not a highway.
Wish I saw this yesterday before we left, had planned a bit further inland, ended up hitting the coast again via Toowoomba, and back into NSW :( loosing an hour.
I'm sorry NSW but you have a lot to learn from QLD and Victoria when it comes to providing facilities for the travelling public of this great land, guess you'll catch up one day

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Toowoomba, Leyburn, Texas, Warialda, Manilla, Coolah, Wellington, Molong etc, etc.