Fraser or bust

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ho what a crawler @Smergen and he surely will get even one, was a great tale with pics, made even more so since no damage.................thats why I have 5 mt gates so I don't have to post a damage report on Big Mal....No roaring Northerly this morning, hope it stays that way.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Nothing like free camping with power, even if I did have to run 30 metres of lead and nearly 50 just to top the tanks up
IMG_20170929_155954.jpg

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Wow! Looks great... is it available to other vanners , or just family?
Just friends and family actually first time I've been here since they moved here
Actually popped the circuit breaker to the shed last though we are running on gas and solar as only 10 amp supply, turned the air conditioner on for a while and some who shall remain nameless flick the kettle on.:oops:

Last edited:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
You were lucky, it's a very different picture today or should I say tonight, we didn't arrive till 9pm have to take mix of inland and beach tracks, it was at one point very I'm so glad my brother convinced me to leave our vehicle and the main land and ride shot gun in his very well equipped Prado it was let's say a hell of a ride from the back seat, though some herendous conditions.

Last edited:

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
We were very lucky to catch the 9am ferry from Wanggoolba Creek yesterday and have a week on Fraser with really good weather. We copped rain from Fraser all the way to the Gold Coast yesterday. Have heard that Fraser hasn't had rain for more than 6 months and the GC about 3 months. Got bogged a few times on Fraser but with friends so got snatched out luckily. Standard height Ford Everest doesn't always work...

Last edited:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
We were very lucky to catch the 9am ferry from Wanggoolba Creek yesterday and have a week on Fraser with really good weather. We copped rain from Fraser all the way to the Gold Coast yesterday. Have heard that Fraser hasn't had rain for more than 6 months and the GC about 3 months. Got bogged a few times on Fraser but with friends so got snatched out luckily. Standard height Ford Everest doesn't always work...
Do you follow us around Oz :p did you take the van over

Reactions: greynt

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
You were lucky, it's a very different picture today or should I say tonight, we didn't arrive till 9pm have to take mix of inland and beach tracks, it was at one point very I'm so glad my brother convinced me to leave our vehicle and the main land and ride shot gun in his very well equipped Prado it was let's say a hell of a ride from the back seat, though some herendous conditions.
Sounds exciting @Bushman

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Do you follow us around Oz :p did you take the van over

Ummm, maybe....
No, wouldn't have dared, as I got bogged a couple of times. We did see a few vans along the beach in the free camps, which we wandered how they got there.
We stayed at Cathedrals in a family tent, good place. We thought we'd do the right thing and stay in the middle of the island, but didn't realise how long it took to get to places on the island. If we were to do it again, we break it up to 3 separate places, lower, middle and top of the Island.