Fraser or bust

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
If you book from the NP web site for beach and camping permits it a few dollars cheaper than the park office in Rainbow Beach which is open Mon - Fri closed all other times, you can buy beach and camping permits from the Manta Ray office in Rainbow or other shops in town but it will cost you an extra $4 per ticket. Barge tickets are best from the Manta Ray office in Rainbow which is the first place on the left as you get to town, the NP office is on the right 100 yds further down the road, holiday periods I would book camp sites online early as sometimes it can be booked out, at the moment their are fires everywhere , mainland and island, so leave your matches at home we don't need any more smoke.....
Barge for just vehicle and pax is $129 return, with a trailer its $190 to $220 depending on trailer size. Can buy barge ticket at the barge.

So folks, enjoy your time in my backyard but take your rubbish with you......................

PS: If you catch the barge from Hervey Bay the prices are about triple the $$$$
I remember when there were 2 barges competing and we payed $5 return . Mary years ago though.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
It was good to get away a bit earlier than plan as it's now but us a day ahead of ourselves, a lot of vans out on the road being school holidays, but still a pretty good run, Friday night was Cessnock while we waited for the pooch to be picked up by the minders, slept in a bit today and didn't get away from Cessnock till 930, no rush I'm on holidays:D
After copping a shower of shredded rubber from a small truck when he blew the right outer rear tyre just as we were about to pass I pulled over the the next rest area to shake my pants and check we didn't have anything caught up underneath.
A refuelling and lunch stop at Taree we pushed on to cover some ground now parked up at Grafton showgrounds for the night which will give us a short day tomorrow, when we park up for two nights.
IMG_20170923_174212.jpg

Last edited:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Now this was a bit of precision reversing (for me anyway) parked out front walk in to suss it out thinking no way I'm going to have enough room, down driveway approx 30 metres then a right hand blind jack knife to end up on a lawn at the end of the concrete. Just hope I can get out again.

IMG_20170924_163829.jpg
IMG_20170924_163737.jpg
IMG_20170924_163816.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@chartrock made it into my place and the fence is still standing..................but then it was flat ground and not wet...lol,lol,lol.

Weather is bloody horrible up here at the moment though, windy as hell, so miserable on the beach and they reckon it's around to the end of the LWE, great stuff...................Your rig looks similar to Big Mal, I like the pink bits might be a future Mod.

Reactions: chartrock

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
@chartrock made it into my place and the fence is still standing..................but then it was flat ground and not wet...lol,lol,lol.

Weather is bloody horrible up here at the moment though, windy as hell, so miserable on the beach and they reckon it's around to the end of the LWE, great stuff...................Your rig looks similar to Big Mal, I like the pink bits might be a future Mod.
They match the pink number plate:dizzy: wife's idea

Reactions: Drover