Electrical Foxtel in the van.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
No foxtel at home no tv reception in van now at port Elliott and bad weather would be good for kids and us at night when trapped inside
.... its one of those mods/trinkets that you kind of shrug you shoulders with, until you need it. Then it it becomes the greatest fight/argument diffuser, peace maker, sanity saviour ever invented. Once youve had it, it will never be left behind ...

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Not so @bigcol, less than the cost of a couple of slabs of XXXX (blahhhhh :puke:). And if you use the cash you had set aside for the XXXX, you'll live longer too ...

you mean to tell me people PAY to have that stuff.................??????
your joking

right......

RIGHT................????????

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Mmmmmm would love it but 1500 could be better spent at the moment im not even asking minster for financial affairs seens I have 600 in speeding fines to pay for wow that hurts I wasnt going that quick yeah yeah tell it to the judge im screwed

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
No foxtel at home no tv reception in van now at port Elliott and bad weather would be good for kids and us at night when trapped inside

.... its one of those mods/trinkets that you kind of shrug you shoulders with, until you need it. Then it it becomes the greatest fight/argument diffuser, peace maker, sanity saviour ever invented. Once youve had it, it will never be left behind ...

for several years now, we have the following for my Daughter when camping / Glamping
12v/240v TV / DVD combo - with a box of about 50 movies (nearly ALL the Disney ones etc)
10' Tablet with movies already pre-loaded
14' Laptop with movies and games pre-loaded

more than enough to keep her out of mischief while we are away

never felt the need to watch the "gogglebox" while at home, so dont bother when I'm away.......

Reactions: dagree and Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We got heaps for kids but none for us dam it there on the list for next time big col
$1500 aint on my horizon either ..... my $200 setup gives me yet another oppotunity to crack a can whilst i prep and setup another one of the items on the list of crackable can jobs required once we park the van .... and im not sure i need to reduce that important list just yet

.... and no thanks Honey, i dont need help ;)

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Been having discussions with SHMBO'd lately in regard to satellite while away... Got told we don't have it at home so why do we need it in the van? (Do have minimal foxtel access via a Telstra T-Box for sports tho)..... To save carting 5,000 DVD's away I am in the process of transferring movies to a 2TB portable hard drive.

No doubt the first trip away with no TV access, and it's a night that Home and Away is on, I'll get instant approval to start looking around for a setup :peep:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
$1500 aint on my horizon either ..... my $200 setup gives me yet another oppotunity to crack a can whilst i prep and setup another one of the items on the list of crackable can jobs required once we park the van .... and im not sure i need to reduce that important list just yet ;)

.... and no thanks Honey, i dont need help
Will investigate more when I get home thanks crusty181

Reactions: Crusty181

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Been having discussions with SHMBO'd lately in regard to satellite while away... Got told we don't have it at home so why do we need it in the van? (Do have minimal foxtel access via a Telstra T-Box for sports tho)..... To save carting 5,000 DVD's away I am in the process of transferring movies to a 2TB portable hard drive.

No doubt the first trip away with no TV access, and it's a night that Home and Away is on, I'll get instant approval to start looking around for a setup :peep:
Ha ha ha its of subject but tell mrs dagree we went to home and away beach when in sydney its called palm beach very nice

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Ha ha ha its of subject but tell mrs dagree we went to home and away beach when in sydney its called palm beach very nice

Don't worry @Bluey we have been there aswell.. Brother in Law worked for 7 Network when we visited and managed to get her (with me reluctantly tagging along) on the beach when they were filming.

Reactions: bigcol and Bluey

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I was looking for the local @Crusty181 but apparently "Summer Bay" don't have one :o
Made up for it when we got back to the sister's place ;)

Naaaaaa we had to stay well back out of the way so didn't get to meet any of the "stars"