flat water hoses

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Bigman...........how are the sullage hoses for opening up when in use given they are under low pressure?

The water and power lead I like but they will have to wait until the old ones wear out.

I like the idea of the sullage hose 'cause the old types are a pain to store.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I have the water hose and 3 of the power reels 1 for the van lead 1 for extra extension lead if I want to run power to car etc 1 for TV coax cable if I want to run to onsite TV connect inlieu of van aerial, been told the sullage one dont work that well. I use the standard sullage hose which is cut into 3 sections 1 long, 2 short. simply store them in the chassis rails

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Reactions: Bank of Dad

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Two lengths are the go and used some large hose joiners with some large tube rubber to join together when needed.

I just used velcro to store in each chassis rail.

Christian

image0021.jpg image0022.jpg

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Reactions: Bank of Dad

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
great idea with the hoses in the spare wheel and sulluge within the chassis,i'm doing the mod tomorrow (once i get on ebay tonight and buy the mesh bag), thanks for the idea. this will free up room in the tunnel now for other stuff.
this is the kind of stuff we should be sharing for all to enjopy their expanda's with the family/partners/travelling companion to the maximum. i will need to get some photos on of the tv aireal my 11 yo son made for us, ingenious he is. has been on the new inventors show twice all ready, gets it from his mother that for sure!!!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I like the idea of storing them in the chassis rail - seen that a couple of times. How do you keep them from sliding out?

My 2 short lenghts slide in the same side on top of each other, the longer one on the other side just folded back on itself, never used a strap to hold it yet and it never come out, until my last trip dont think I pushed it in far enough, turning a corner noticed I had a black snake following me :ohwell: dont know how long it had been dragging only had minor abrasions on it.

I also have one of the hose bags in the pic above, use it for my second standard water hose.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I've been thinking about these flat water hoses and I was wondering if anyone has accidently driven over one when its under pressure? Not saying its something that would happen but just what if.

Also how is everyones fairing with wear and tear?

Sorry another question I also noticed you can buy the reel on its own, does a 20m extension cord fit in the reel if I was to use the lead I already have.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I've been thinking about these flat water hoses and I was wondering if anyone has accidently driven over one when its under pressure? Not saying its something that would happen but just what if.

Also how is everyones fairing with wear and tear?

Sorry another question I also noticed you can buy the reel on its own, does a 20m extension cord fit in the reel if I was to use the lead I already have.

i guess if you run over one under pressure it may split but just a guess, I've had mine for several years now and it's a OK , got to -2 here in Glen Innes last night (from what i was told) still had water flow. and will still roll up if frosted

The small power reel will comfortably hold a 20mtr lead, and from memory the larger one holds 30mtr

Reactions: cruza driver

Geoff

Mar 29, 2012
Ipswich, QLD
Great ideas gents. I have been keeping the hoses in the zippered striped bags but can't wait to look at my chassis channels and get some donut bags.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Wow! I like both storage ideas. The chassis is a great place to store the hose. I think I`ll also have a bit of a tinker and see if I can do the same. Spare wheel storage also another great idea i`ve over looked.

Just when I thought I had it all organised someone pops out a better idea.

Thanks Guys!

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
My neighbor (d4dazz) put me onto the chassis storage use for the sullage. I have also lined mine with some 32mm PVC piping and can now slide a 10ft fly rod inside the tube for safe storage whilst camping.