Starcraft Finally Starcraft 22.68-1 OB

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
A question for the 22.68 owners, do you know if the solar junction box on the roof is above a cupboard?

They wouldn't upgrade the solar cabling size, so i can upgrade the wiring if above cupboard. If not I'll buy higher voltage panels

No mate the junction box in ours is basically directly above where your feet would be when you sitting on the throne. Although upgrading the wiring would be your best bet I'm running 520w through the factory wiring with no ill effects.

Changing from 12v to 24v panels will make no difference, current is current.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks it will be good to see the photos. Exiting times going to pick up your van!
I will post a picture after pickup for you.. Yes excited.
So got them to check 12v on all bunks. great I do not have to do it
None main bed end :( So one job for me
Battery under the bed and HWS/pump under dinette.
As we brought stock we did not have a chance to move things.. Would of liked a power point down bunk end of kitchen. Has anyone added one?

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
As we brought stock we did not have a chance to move things.. Would of liked a power point down bunk end of kitchen. Has anyone added one?

Yep I've added one but it runs from the inverter, it'd be easy to hook to the vans electrics with a plug and play kit from caravansplus as there's a junction under the stove and there's a cavity behind the concertina door for the kids bedroom.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Reactions: McKenzie

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Not sure if your aware of these so thought I'd chuck the link up, this is what the whole jayco 240v system is made up of so they're completely plug and play, no sparky required.

http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/index.php?cPath=32_1060_962
Thanks Shane yes did the tour thought that was easier for them to hiring a real sparky. Although wondered anything on that side I could take a split from. So you got a double adapter ran it up where the concertina door is and through the wall?

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Thanks Shane yes did the tour thought that was easier for them to hiring a real sparky. Although wondered anything on that side I could take a split from. So you got a double adapter ran it up where the concertina door is and through the wall?
Yep that's it mate, you'll find there's a junction down under the stove so too easy. There's a cavity about 500mmx100mm behind the door.

Reactions: davemc

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
We have the battery under the bed too however usually going to carry four bikes at rear end which should offset that. As for the power point down the bunk end of kitchen, yes we have asked jayco for one there so we can use a Thermomix. There are a few regs about where you can locate a power point in proximity to stove top, so it may be the power point goes inside the overhead cupboard.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We have the battery under the bed too however usually going to carry four bikes at rear end which should offset that. As for the power point down the bunk end of kitchen, yes we have asked jayco for one there so we can use a Thermomix. There are a few regs about where you can locate a power point in proximity to stove top, so it may be the power point goes inside the overhead cupboard.
There should be one in the cupboard next to the microwave. Could you use that?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@Gilmorehappy
Not sure you saw on my thread although seeing I am back on a real computer here you go bike rack.
Can open it up for you tomorrow.
image-jpg.jpg

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Thanks for the pic - the rack looks good on the back! the whole van looks great actually! Have you tried bikes on it yet? How do you like your new pride and joy?

@Gilmorehappy
Not sure you saw on my thread although seeing I am back on a real computer here you go bike rack.
Can open it up for you tomorrow.
image-jpg.jpg