Starcraft Finally Starcraft 22.68-1 OB

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Good and exciting news; the 22.68.1 OB rig is due off the line a month early......... October 22nd! Today we chose the finishes - seats, laminex etc and we added some extras. An extra power point n the kitchen for the Thermomix, and shelving to the front cupboards in lieu of hanging space - no not bringing a suit except maybe a wetsuit on holidays. Has been a great experience at Jayco Newcastle thus far, where they apparently really look after the customer! Dealing with them has been cruisey, and basically a pleasure. It takes another ten days for delivery from Victoria and longer again for the Kakadu annexe. Thinking we should have the rig for our joint birthdays mid November! Now where to go........

Whittley

Jul 30, 2015
Wa
Hi gilmorehappy

Hi we are new to the site as well as caravans Heaps of great info on this site which we are starting to go through.
We too are also looking at purchasing a Starcraft 22.68.1 Ob. The Kakadu annexe is that different from the standard annexe? Would you have a photo of the bike rack extended by any chance as we are trying to see exactly how it folds down etc.

We appreciate any info that will make our decesion easier.

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi gilmorehappy

Hi we are new to the site as well as caravans Heaps of great info on this site which we are starting to go through.
We too are also looking at purchasing a Starcraft 22.68.1 Ob. The Kakadu annexe is that different from the standard annexe? Would you have a photo of the bike rack extended by any chance as we are trying to see exactly how it folds down etc.

We appreciate any info that will make our decesion easier.
Hi @Whittley welcome to the forum and to caravanning in general. You've certainly taken the plunge and no mucking about with a 22.68.1OB. Very impressive first van. The Kakadu annex is just a brand that is pretty common and good quality. Each dealer tends to uses a specific annex supplier.

Are you referring to the Fiamma rear wall mounted bike rack ....

stucati

Jan 12, 2015
Sydney
Jayco upgraded the payload to 600kg, went up a spring rate. Added the 3rd tank, off side light, extra TV and 12 volt point and dual rear camera.

I love the first time vanners (including us) going straight to the starcraft. Its a hard van to go past. No the wait begins.

Interesting on your experience with Newcastle, no matter how hard i tried they wouldn't negotiate over the phone. Not even a ball park figure to confirm the 2 1/2 hour drive would be worth it.

Whittley

Jul 30, 2015
Wa
Hi @Whittley welcome to the forum and to caravanning in general. You've certainly taken the plunge and no mucking about with a 22.68.1OB. Very impressive first van. The Kakadu annex is just a brand that is pretty common and good quality. Each dealer tends to uses a specific annex supplier.

Are you referring to the Fiamma rear wall mounted bike rack ....

Hi Crusty181

Thank you for the welcome and yes it is very impressive. Yes it would be the Fiamma rear wall mounted rack. We are looking at putting a fold up boat trailer on the back and we are trying to see if it will work.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi Crusty181

Thank you for the welcome and yes it is very impressive. Yes it would be the Fiamma rear wall mounted rack. We are looking at putting a fold up boat trailer on the back and we are trying to see if it will work.
2015-07-31 12.37.38.jpg 2015-07-31 12.37.46.jpg
Drove past a Jayco dealer today en-route to a work site, so of course had to pop in. The Fiamma bike racks are designed to be removed relatively easily, leaving just the mounting plates attached to the van.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I had a wander through the 22.68.1... very nice, admittedly it's the same as our 20.63.1 Expanda without a tent hanging off the end ... probably why I liked it ;)

I always like "same as mine" in most things

Reactions: skippy and davemc

stucati

Jan 12, 2015
Sydney
A question for the 22.68 owners, do you know if the solar junction box on the roof is above a cupboard?

They wouldn't upgrade the solar cabling size, so i can upgrade the wiring if above cupboard. If not I'll buy higher voltage panels

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
View attachment 34263 View attachment 34264
Drove past a Jayco dealer today en-route to a work site, so of course had to pop in. The Fiamma bike racks are designed to be removed relatively easily, leaving just the mounting plates attached to the van.

Thanks for this picture. Wondering how ours can be made to take four bikes. Apparently the capacity for two additional bikes is fitted by the dealer, so I'm hoping the whole unit is well anchored

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Thanks for this picture. Wondering how ours can be made to take four bikes. Apparently the capacity for two additional bikes is fitted by the dealer, so I'm hoping the whole unit is well anchored
They add a third rail in beyween the originsl 2 and then extend the rack to add the 4th rail.