External LED Strip - 1st Mod done!

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Yep - saw Pace's light strip and copied the idea. It is VERY bright - thought I had ordered warm white, but clearly not!

My wife now calls it the Disco Van!

Strip ordered from eBay - local Aussie seller in Sydney.

Put it along the top of the exterior wall so that when the awning is rolled out, there will be plenty of reflection from the white roof.

Will be putting in a 2nd light switch by the external annexe switch to operate the LED strip independently - but will do this when we get back from ouR two week trip over the school holidays.

I also am going to be putting in a strip LED but instead of a switch I'm going to use one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wireless...82569?pt=AU_Lighting_Fans&hash=item25716ee389 I already have all the bit's expect for the 48 LED replacements for the annex bulbs. Best part is another remote control to add to all the others and of a size to loss easily.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Excellent idea brookes.

May also stop my better half complaining that she needs sunglasses at night!

I can see an upgrade to the mod coming on :D

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
I have uses LED strip lighting along the full length of the awning drum, inserted a small socket panel DC 2.1mm connector still have not finalised whether i will power via the external annex light or via the 12volt external point I installed. I do have photo's in my album not sure how to transfer them to the post

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi Jas if you look on my proile im sure my albums are open for all to see I wiil upload more this week.
Thanks for that, didn't know what an album on the forum was....now i know.:o

Looks real good. so the strips are permanently mounted there or have you used the flexible stuff and hang it there when setting up.

jas

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
I Jas they are the flexible type mounted directly to the drum and then treaded the wire inside the drum with a dc 12volt connection. So on set up I plug in to the 12volt supply I installed then plug the other end into the DC plug inserted into the annex drum.

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
No but I will roll out hte awning in the next couple of days and grab a heap of photo's with the whole lot set up, I think it maybe a little too bright anyway will have to wait and see with the walls of the annex up. I will let you know once I have up loaded the photo's

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Thanks for posting the extra pics. The led strip idea is very interesting rojoberry. I think I will be investigating a similar idea on my van.

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
No it's not a kit the parts were all purchased from Jayco spares except for the the copper pipe (5/16th) this needs tobe approved by a licenecd gas plummer.