17' Series Expanda query

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Hi disco my pump also stopped working in the past, to remove mine there is a small screw on the top of the bracket that holds the pump in place (under the toilet roll holder) you can then lift the pump out watching where the hoses go, mine stopped because of gunge in the impeller ,jiggled it around and cleaned the impeller hole ,then all worked , when putting it back together be mindful you do not drop the screw into the tank, also make sure discharge hose is secure to toilet bowl as there should be a washer there to hold the discharge nozzle in place if not correct it turns into a bidet , if necessary look up your toilets spare parts list to see how it’s all connects, we always add a dash of solvable eycluptus to the hopper tank to stop gunge

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Depending on the Thunder Box brand and model, good thread on here somewhere about getting at the button and pump but the instructions oin the manual are pretty good...... If your flush tank fluid is a bit gooey or you have boys with poor aim it could be a full strip down............. Mine played up and got a Tim the Toolman job done on it, came away with a circuit board and wires but it works now just no flashing lights......... Kiss.......

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Depending on the Thunder Box brand and model, good thread on here somewhere about getting at the button and pump but the instructions oin the manual are pretty good...... If your flush tank fluid is a bit gooey or you have boys with poor aim it could be a full strip down............. Mine played up and got a Tim the Toolman job done on it, came away with a circuit board and wires but it works now just no flashing lights......... Kiss.......

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Brings back memories during a rough road trip a wire came off the Blackwater tank isolation switch took some time to find but an easy solder fix

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
I had another look at toilet flushing tank and reading your post Drover, I looked at the sight tube. This one has a rubber grommet on the bottom of the tube. I pulled it off and Woohoo,.................. the tank drains.

Everyday is an education :):)

1592102694383.png

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you pull it off from the top the rubber will act like a hings and the tube a spout so you don't fill the cavity with water.............. if the water ran reasonably clean then it may not have goobers in it and it might be the button inside which you will need to pop out and check the contacts, also allows you to get to the pump if I remember rightly, thats about all I recall, would have to look at the book to figure it out again.... I know it entailed some swearing.

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Some swearing ?? You are a more patient man than I gave you credit for.
I think I am going to learn a couple of new words on this job.
The top connection doesn't look like it will be too easy to get back but the bottom one is real easy. No goobers......all clean. One win.
Now for trying to get to the blooming pump

Our Jayco has learnt a new trick while it has been sitting idle. It has now learnt to leak through the roof from somewhere. I think it may be the A/C unit.
We had a real heavy shower last night and when I looked inside just now.............water on the floor. First time !! I think it is finally reaching adulthood.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Also can anyone recommend some good clip on mirrors for a ford Ranger.
I’m hearing Milenco aren’t bad.
Yes i have Big red mirrors that have a largeish magnet that sticks to the door there not bad but if i was byeing new ones id get the new MSA mirrors

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Yes i have Big red mirrors that have a largeish magnet that sticks to the door there not bad but if i was byeing new ones id get the new MSA mirrors
Well they're different. First I've seen of them. I wonder how solid they really are. For some reason though, I just don't like the look of them
Its like they're too small aesthetically

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
But the clear views are to big when not towing
Clearview and MSA are both crazy expensive. MSA are more car like not as imposing as the Elephant ears but the Elephant ears certainly have the unquestionable history and runs on the board. Everything MSA sell is way overpriced imo. I seen a guy make an $800 MSA fridge drop slide for $150

Reactions: Drover

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne

Thanks guys for the different options,
I’ve gone a pair of Milenco Aero’s from an old bloke on Gummy who only used once.
See how they go I guess.
Also looking at a hardly used Thunder Portable battery box being charged by a 200w kickass solar panels.

First trip so it will be a bit of hit n miss and obviously talk to some knowledgeable people like your good selves on the way.

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all,
On the mirror front I have just changed cars so my clearviews no longer fit and for the BT-50 there is no Electic Fold so they are off the table at present.
Due to COVID-19 I have looked but not yet bought.

I like the Clearviews, but want electic fold as I would now leave them on all the time (BT-50 is suppose to be coming)
I have looked at the MSA4x4 mentioned above and would consider these if they made them for the BT-50
Then there is the Milenco which other BT-50 people have said are good.

I have had the truck mirror style that goes to the bottom of the door but noticed the slightest of marks down the door after a while (happy to admit this is my fitting, but I would spend time trying to get it right), so that was why I went to clearviews. I would normally swap them out each time so that I did not run the big mirrors all the time. Depending on car and connector mods this can be very easy and quick to do. (Pathfinder could be 3 plastic clips, on plastic panel, 3 bolts on electric connector and mirror off. Then reverse.
If MSA happen to have BT-50 electric in the next month than I would buy them. If not it will be the Milenco.
I have to say that I would be happy to pay the extra to have electric control of the mirrors, always handy when travelling to be able to adjust what you can see.

Reactions: Bluey

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
@Brente1982 , You would thinks but this is not correct. The engine and transmission are the same and possibly other things but the doors are different . The plastic inserts for the mirrors are not the same. A BT-50 is not just a re-badged, change some options Ford Ranger. From the install videos the electrical connector for the BT-50 are fixed in the Door, where I think the Ranger is floating (or vica versa).

With you in that Clearview have solved the electric fold for most brands and have the adaptor for BT-50.

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
I was under the impression the doors themselves, minus the cabin side of it, were the same. Same mirrors, same mounting point etc etc

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
It may not be the angle of the glass, but the plastic peice that sits in the door is not the same. A ranger mirror will not fit a BT-50. One may leave a gap and one may not fit. The 3 mounting bolts may align. That is why you will see different options for the 2.