Old & Moved expanda led kits

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all,

It is true that LEDs as replacements for indicators and possibly brakes may cause issues with flash rates and some cars that indicate that trailer lights are working (For the van 16-49-1 with LED indicators my Pathfinder will not indicate that the blinkers are working on the van but will for a standard trailer). Reason is that the current draw (powe rating) of the LEDs is below the threshold to detect. In this case a resistor is added in parallel to the LED to increase the load. Which would need to be choosen carefully and placed in the circuit at an appropriate position so as to detect LED failures.

I believe that the expandas use 12V for all lights. Therefore the use of LEDs that are rated for 12V would not require a transformer. In houses a transformer is used to convert 240 V (mains) down to the light voltage (12V or others) as the normal wiring is 240V.
The only issue can be that the low current draw of the LEDs means that the 240V (mains) to 12V converter may require a minimum load to work. I can not confirm or deny this but will be replacing all the lights with LEDs on my van. I have not seen anyone indicate any issues with only one LED (light) on, so I would assume that the sales guys are not up to date or as normal making excuses with no knowledge for some other issue Jayco have for not fitting the lights.

Cheers
Stephen

Reactions: Jim and Tab

dmaughan

Sep 26, 2011
Frankston, Victoria
We were told by our dealer yesterday that our 14.44.5 won't be coming out with LED 's as they cannot install them on any pop tops due the need for transformers... Not sure if I was being told a porkie pie or not by the dealer...
You are definitely being told a porkie pie by your dealer. We just picked up our 17.56-2 with has the same type of pop-top to the 14.44-5 and it was delivered with LED lights already installed and they work fine on both 240 volt and 12 volt, and Jim and Tab's kits work even better - see my review on page 4 of this thread.

Jan 5, 2012
Sunbury
Maybe so dmaughan, you are probably right, but even if we do get LED's as a surprise, if they give off a yellow light we will be ordering LED replacements from Jim and Tab as the white light is a better option for us. The reason is with us both wearing glasses as night, yellow light causes a shadow effect that makes it harder to see so white light is what we are after. In our house we recently replaced our halogen kitchen lights with LED's and the difference is amazing.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Hey look at that........ another member from Sunbury.

Off topic I know, Just wanted to say Hi !

Bet you can't wait for May !!!!

Cheers,

Paul

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
First of all Jim/Tab and Diamond would love to thank every one who has bought our led light kits.
We can not believe how popular these kits have been.
We would just like to let people know that we will be away for 2 weeks.
If you send an email we will reply as soon as we are back.
We hope you all have a safe and happy easter,
Once again thank you for your support.
Happy Easter Jim/Tab and Diamond

Reactions: 4wdadventureoz

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Hi guys,

I just got my delivery last night. Opened the envelope at 6:00, installation complete by 6:15.

Thanks Jim and tab, they look great

Jan 5, 2012
Sunbury
Hi Jim and Tab,

As we will be picking up our new van next Wednesday, can we organize a pick up and C.O.D of a kit to suit our 14.44.5 in Bendigo that morning?

Cheers

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Hi Jim & Tab,

Just wondering if you still have the kits for sale.
We have 14:44 outback, so need Leds for 2 main roof lights (Doubles), 1 Near Bed & 1 on the bed pole (singles), the shower, the awning light and the door handle light. If you could let me know a price with postage to 2318 it would be great.

Cheers Colin

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Hi Jim and Tab.
Just saw this thread and am too wondering if you are still selling the LED Kits? We are picking up a 2012 16.49-3b OB in September and would be interested in a full kit. I have been told that there are no LEDs in the van but not sure about the Annexe light.

Cheers
Ants