20' Series Expanda good and bad points

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
An update on the leak, the water is coming I. Around the outside of the hatch for the toilet cassette. It look s like it wasn't sealed properly from the factory. The upside, once again the dealer has come through.mthey are sending me a new hatch including all of the sealant etc to change it out, ( I live 600 km from the dealer). Also will be recorded in the log at the dealer so should there be any further issues there will be a record of it.

Jan 16, 2016
Wollongong
Just a further update on the replacement caravan. New one ordered today at Jayco Nowra and approx delivery at the end of March. Fingers crossed that all goes well. Phil Banks, owner of Jayco Nowra, was an absolute champion through the whole process. I must admit, he is truely a man of integrity and professionalism. He has been a trooper through this whole ordeal and I am truely appreciative of all of his efforts. Just a quick note, Bellbird I did see the 2016 Silverline there today and it looks quite nicely appointed. I think it was you that was about to sell your Expand to switch to one??

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Just a further update on the replacement caravan. New one ordered today at Jayco Nowra and approx delivery at the end of March. Fingers crossed that all goes well. Phil Banks, owner of Jayco Nowra, was an absolute champion through the whole process. I must admit, he is truely a man of integrity and professionalism. He has been a trooper through this whole ordeal and I am truely appreciative of all of his efforts. Just a quick note, Bellbird I did see the 2016 Silverline there today and it looks quite nicely appointed. I think it was you that was about to sell your Expand to switch to one??

Thanks @Worst Caravan Ever!, I ended up going up the the Newcastle show yesterday had a close look at the Silverline (was a 2015 model, but apparently they haven't changed).

I asked them what they would give me for my 2014 21.64-1 Outback and they only offered me $49k.

Evenyone keeps telling me how well Expandas hold their value, so I don't think thats anywhere near a realistic price and makes the changeover much too expensive, so if I do it, I'll have to sell privately. I would be hoping more like $59k

I'm going to have a closer look now at the Starcraft with the same layout, option it up and see if they can give me a number that is more appealing, it not, I'll keep the Expanda.

BTW Bellbird, is there something special happening tomorrow???

Not sure if getting another year older is all that special :bolt:, but I am hoping the birthday fairy brings me a new drone :)

mrsmfexpanda

May 27, 2015
Brookfield
Yes still looking at another Jayco. Have been very happy with mine.

Looking at possibly moving to a 21.65-3 Outback Silverline.

SWMBO is over the sideways bed
We have a silverline OB 21.65.1 best move we made we looked at the slideout on the 3 and 4 but the extra weight would put us just over the limit of 3 tonne also didnt like the front kitchen and small table vs the large lounge which was fantastic but no kitchen space hence the 1 was the only choice along with the 7kg washine machine and dryer with large outdoor locker also the ensuite was larger .It still allows our youngest daughter to comhe away either sleeps in annexe or overnighter the table goes into a bed

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
We have a silverline OB 21.65.1 best move we made we looked at the slideout on the 3 and 4 but the extra weight would put us just over the limit of 3 tonne also didnt like the front kitchen and small table vs the large lounge which was fantastic but no kitchen space hence the 1 was the only choice along with the 7kg washine machine and dryer with large outdoor locker also the ensuite was larger .It still allows our youngest daughter to comhe away either sleeps in annexe or overnighter the table goes into a bed

Going to have a look at the 21
Starcraft in the same layout as the Silverline on the weekend.

Reactions: mfexpanda