Ebay Finds

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Has anyone heard anything about those nose cone lids and if they do work for better fuel economy? Would be interesting to know.

I read an article a while ago in a caravan mag about "daisy" (the vans name) I think, where they did the test before and after. The results was a much better fuel economy and a much more stable van to tow.....hardly any tail wag as against before!

Reactions: Antman

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Here's the one i was talking about, "Candy" the vans name (i knew it was something soft) a fully restored 27 year old Millard. The tug used for the test was a Falcon, result a 2.3L/100 fuel saving but the biggest surprise was the increase in stability. I took a few pics from the mag. By the way, i looked into the sizes of the Nose Cones a couple of years ago and there's one that would fit the front Expanda lid perfectly!

Picture 1017.jpg Picture 1018.jpg Picture 1019.jpg

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
Here's the one i was talking about, "Candy" the vans name (i knew it was something soft) a fully restored 27 year old Millard. The tug used for the test was a Falcon, result a 2.3L/100 fuel saving but the biggest surprise was the increase in stability. I took a few pics from the mag. By the way, i looked into the sizes of the Nose Cones a couple of years ago and there's one that would fit the front Expanda lid perfectly!

View attachment 15178 View attachment 15179 View attachment 15185

That's nuts!

Maybe they should just make the Expanda lid like that!

Jaffagre

Dec 23, 2012
Mackay Queensland
Found this on eBay, which is a simple solution to get a bike rack installed on the rear bumper of an Expanda.

If you want a bike rack, but don't want to replace the rear bar with a custom job, it may be your answer for $150 delivered?

image.jpg

Reactions: Panda_Expanda

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I can't see how that would do much at all to beef the original bar up. I wouldn't be putting bikes on those round bars....just too thin imo!

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Anyone know where I can get those coiled spring looking hose for the front of the caravan?.
Assume you mean water hose. Bunnings have the Pope brand. You can get the more expensive Slinky (brass fittings, holder, etc.) online (just search "slinky water hose" or something similar).

Reactions: Dean81
Mar 6, 2013
Wantirna, Vic
Hey everyone

I have a 16.49.3HL. I prefer to sleep down the back of the caravan ... I needed somewhere to put my glasses, torch, magazine/book etc. The Jayco Camper-Trailers/Camping HANDY BEDSIDE POCKET is perfect ... it can be hung from the hockey bar or attached with removable hooks (Perma Clips from Bunnings) on the outside of the ensuite wall ... I leave it up all the time, even when the beds are folded up! http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jayco-Ca..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item4175a73c0b&_uhb=1

This is another beauty made by the same lady ... perfect for Jayco camper trailers or expandas ... made to fit exactly to your requirements ...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jayco-AV..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item4175a72ff5&_uhb=1