Dagree's (David & Greer) 2014 17.56.2OB

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Shakedown trip hasn't been confirmed as yet @Grano n play but Dwellingup has been discussed along with a few other places. Ledge is already on the list of "To go to" places. Two couples from work go there quite often so will be making a date with them in the near future.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thanks Darren....You must be a more patient man than me!!!!
But the wait will be worth it.. Trust me!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
For those that have been waiting for the inside pics... Here they are!!!

Img_0238.jpg
Rear Bed & Bunks/Small Dinette

Img_0240.jpg
Kitchen & Toilet/Shower

Img_0242.jpg
Front Bed, Fridge, Main Dinette & Kitchen

Img_0243.jpg
The Drinks Cooler ;)

Img_0245.jpg
Small Dinette/Bunks

Img_0246.jpg
TV Cabinet

Img_0248.jpg
Main Dinette/Laptop Table

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
looks great dagree how slow where you going getting it into carport. Seems a tight fit.

Missed your question previously @davemc ... All I can say it was done very slowly and it was a case of stop and get out to double check for myself!!! Not quite as tight as it looks in the pics Thank God!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Shakedown trip has been booked.... A short trip to Willowbrook Farm in Gingin about 40 minutes north for 3 nights. No doubt will be making a list of mods whilst there ;)

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Wasn't going to do any mods until after the shakedown trip next weekend but got a bit bored today so made a start with some ideas "borrowed" from others on here ;)

Img_0249.jpg
Aluminium angle and tie down straps behind rear bed hard lid..

Img_0253.jpg

Table, steps and floor mats stored... No more need to transport inside the van :)

Img_0251.jpg

Aluminium angle and tie down straps behind front bed hard lid..

Img_0252.jpg

Table and stools stored... No more need to transport inside the van :)

Img_0250.jpg

Made sure at least one of the screws went through aluminium for that extra bit of strength!

Img_0254.jpg

Tea towel racks fitted..... Used a couple of left over drawer handles that I had sitting in the shed.

Img_0255.jpg

Wardrobe shelves fitted.... Don't need the hanging space for shorts, t-shirts and singlets ;)

Getting the Australiawide Annex fitted this week (Got it ordered just in time before the Caravan & Camping Show)

No doubt there will be more mods thought of once we get away and use the van.

Have a few future mods planned but will be done over a period of a couple/few months due to work and planned landscaping and paving of the front yard.
1) Ali box on drawer bar for weber Q, gas bottles and anything else we can fit in it.
2) Relocate the spare to the rear bumper.
3) Space allowing.... Wire mesh on existing spare wheel holder (Under the planned ali box if enough room) to strap hoses etc.
4) Use the van in between work, landscaping, mods and brick paving :thumb:

Hopefully the weekend after the shakedown trip is raining :rain:.... Good excuse to put a hold on brick paving and get the new suspension fitted on the Prado!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thanks @17triton , @relgate and @BUSH PALACE . As I said they were only done as I was bored ;).

Info would be great @Darren Bundy ... Haven't looked around yet but will be after the trip this weekend. There's a place on the corner of Amelia St and Wanneroo Rd, Balcatta that do them. Will call in next time I'm over that way to see the oldie's. Let you know what they've got if you don't get there before I do. That one in the link looks good for the purchase price but as you said the freight is a bit steep :o.
If I don't find anything I might have a word with a couple of fabrication places we use at work.

@paulie484 everything is available from Bunning's. The straps are just everyday 4 metre x 25mm tie-down straps with cam-buckles. The tie-down points are in the same area. I used 25 x 20mm aluminium angle for the supports (Screwed the 20mm side to the bed).

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
Wasn't going to do any mods until after the shakedown trip next weekend but got a bit bored today so made a start with some ideas "borrowed" from others on here ;)

View attachment 21037
Aluminium angle and tie down straps behind rear bed hard lid..

View attachment 21038

Table, steps and floor mats stored... No more need to transport inside the van :)

View attachment 21039

Aluminium angle and tie down straps behind front bed hard lid..

View attachment 21040

Table and stools stored... No more need to transport inside the van :)

View attachment 21041

Made sure at least one of the screws went through aluminium for that extra bit of strength!

View attachment 21042

Tea towel racks fitted..... Used a couple of left over drawer handles that I had sitting in the shed.

View attachment 21043

Wardrobe shelves fitted.... Don't need the hanging space for shorts, t-shirts and singlets ;)

Getting the Australiawide Annex fitted this week (Got it ordered just in time before the Caravan & Camping Show)

No doubt there will be more mods thought of once we get away and use the van.

Have a few future mods planned but will be done over a period of a couple/few months due to work and planned landscaping and paving of the front yard.
1) Ali box on drawer bar for weber Q, gas bottles and anything else we can fit in it.
2) Relocate the spare to the rear bumper.
3) Space allowing.... Wire mesh on existing spare wheel holder (Under the planned ali box if enough room) to strap hoses etc.
4) Use the van in between work, landscaping, mods and brick paving :thumb:

Hopefully the weekend after the shakedown trip is raining :rain:.... Good excuse to put a hold on brick paving and get the new suspension fitted on the Prado!
Hi dagree, we just got the australia wide annex the other week and had a shake down run setting it up at home, so we don't look like total idiots on first set up in 2 weeks. Easy, no problems, all set up in 40 minutes on first go, should be able to cut at least another 10 min of that after a few set ups. Best thing I ever (copied) done was use storage space behind lids for tables. Top job. Barney

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@barney120 will be doing 2 -3 tries with the annex at home before going away. They look easier to put together compared to the old vinyl one on last van. I like the idea that they come with smaller sections so should be easier to do as well.
Cheers,
David

Reactions: barney120