Dagree's (David & Greer) 2014 17.56.2OB

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Well the day has finally arrived and we now have our 2014 17.56.2OB on the front yard :D:D:D

Handover went well yesterday with only a couple of minor things wrong that we picked up on (one loose screw on the inside of the roof mounted air-con and one of the cupboard door catches not holding.... will sort these out myself). OH and the usual bits of silastic etc in places where they shouldn't be but can be sorted if need be!

Pickup went well this morning even though being a Saturday things were a bit hectic but Nick (Salesman) was great and gave us the run of the yard to do and recheck whatever we wanted between him chasing more sales ;).

My previous concern regarding not being able to use the WDH bars with the Trigg hitch disappeared after spending 20 minutes setting up the hitch heights and 10 minutes of towing. Rear end of the Prado dropped only 25mm or so but it felt like it towed better than the old 16.49.3 with WDH. Ordering airbags next week should help with the leveling of both car and van.

Got it home and within 5 minutes was setting it up so that it could get measured up for the annex walls (Mod 1).
Mod 2 was done about 30 minutes later .... Tinted clears fitted to the poptop windows thanks to @crustt. These were ordered for the old van and only used once....... More mods to follow!!!!!!

Anyway enough chitchat for now as a lot of people have commented "It's never happened unless there are pics" So a few to follow from the outside..... Internal pics to be done tomorrow after we get some daylight!!!

David & Greer

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Pickup Day.....
Img_0225.jpg

Packed up and ready to hitch up.

Img_0227.jpg

Hitched up for the trip home :)

jed

May 16, 2013
Looks great guys ,any chance the step ladder was used for someone to watch as the a/c makes it under the car port lol ,I have the problem where I have to let the air pressure out of the tires to just get it into the garage. Enjoy mate

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
Nice beast , any idea where shakedown trip will be , ledge point is a good option , nice and close and rarely flat out busy.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Looks great guys ,any chance the step ladder was used for someone to watch as the a/c makes it under the car port lol ,I have the problem where I have to let the air pressure out of the tires to just get it into the garage. Enjoy mate

Good guess @jed ;)

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
As for the height of the carport.... It was measured and checked at least three times and we worked out it would sit under it on the flat no probs.

My only concern was as it was going up hill on an angle prior to leveling out but all went well "Phew.... wiping brow". The wife was on the ladder watching with her hands over her eyes as the aircon got close :dejection: