Cruza Drivers OUTBACK EXPANDA 16.49-3 Trips and Mods

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
This was a trip to Rubicon in Vic, we stayed at Kendalls camp A. There were a few other camps around but we had a top spot were we could spread out and have a nice fire going on Sat night after doing a bit of exploring during the day.

It was our 1st test of the new stone deflector and it worked a treat protecting the front of the Expanda from any stray rock strikes
204.jpg

239.jpg

242.jpg

240.jpg

Hi Cruza Driver, We are planning to go to Rubicon river camp grounds in the next coming weeks. Looks awesome from the pictures. I've got the expanda 17.52. What is the accessibility like to the Kendalls Camps? Appreciate your feedback. TRAKADU

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Sorry for the late reply @TRAKADU the 1st campground you get to is the pic of the Kendall campgrounds, Kendalls A.

Its better suited for vans and more grassy the other is smaller and right on the road. It says not suitable for vans but we had no issues along with others with vans. Enjoy mate plenty to see up that little known area including the old original hydro scheme plus a beautiful old trestle bridge.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Well since the weekend was the 4th year anniversary of delivery of the Expanda we thought what better way to spend it than a summers weekend away.

We headed down the coast and stayed at Powellet River Cp at Kilunda. Its located 10minutes south of the Phillip Island turn off.

A roast in the weber was for dinner but sorry to @17triton for cutting our :cell: short as the smell of the pork was telling me it was ready :hungry:

Report to come

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Well since the weekend was the 4th year anniversary of delivery of the Expanda we thought what better way to spend it than a summers weekend away.

We headed down the coast and stayed at Powellet River Cp at Kilunda. Its located 10minutes south of the Phillip Island turn off.

A roast in the weber was for dinner but sorry to @17triton for cutting our :cell: short as the smell of the pork was telling me it was ready :hungry:

Report to come
Your posts completely filled my watched threads! You have been busy here!

Reactions: cruza driver

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Well after following @17triton through the Wombat State Forest on Saturday, Sunday was spent washing the BT. Thats because on Monday it was time to hook the Expanda on the back for a couple of nights at Skipworth Reserve free camping on the Goulburn River just out of Jamieson.

It was a great few days and nice and quiet too before the long weekend crowds start to roll in. Yes more pics to organize :blah: thats 3 reports I need to do now ;) They have done some improvements to the campgrounds to which is great to see.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
On the way to the to our recent High Country trip I replaced the battery in the Expanda. I thought it was time as it was 7.5 years old and as it previously lived in our 07 OB Hawk from new before being transplanted into the Expanda. ;)

The battery was only an 45amp/hr too. We could get 3-4 days out of it and that was before the portable solar panel.

We don't run 12v TV's or anything just the lighting and water pump. That battery is now in the BT as the 2nd battery full time as I was tired of swapping it in and out depending on whether I was doing a swag trip or Expanda trip :violin: So to cut a long story short I have moved with the times and replaced it with a 110amp/hr battery into the Expanda.

Moving onto the next addition and a trip to Bunnings was required. I bought a couple of gases fuses which was something I have been meaning to do for sometime. They where easy to fit after reworking the existing copper lines.

0302_zps68578da5.jpg

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
On the way to the to our recent High Country trip I replaced the battery in the Expanda. I thought it was time as it was 7.5 years old and as it previously lived in our 07 OB Hawk from new before being transplanted into the Expanda. ;)

The battery was only an 45amp/hr too. We could get 3-4 days out of it and that was before the portable solar panel.

We don't run 12v TV's or anything just the lighting and water pump. That battery is now in the BT as the 2nd battery full time as I was tired of swapping it in and out depending on whether I was doing a swag trip or Expanda trip :violin: So to cut a long story short I have moved with the times and replaced it with a 110amp/hr battery into the Expanda.

Moving onto the next addition and a trip to Bunnings was required. I bought a couple of gases fuses which was something I have been meaning to do for sometime. They where easy to fit after reworking the existing copper lines.

0302_zps68578da5.jpg
I want to turn mine on there side so u can see them when lids are down ?????? haven't done it yet or do they need to be straight up

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011

Hey @cruza driver have you tried the fridge on gas yet? we got gas fuses on the starcraft. So far each time I have fired up the fridge on gas the fuse has poped after a min or two and the fridge has gone out ! Once reset all good.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I want to turn mine on there side so u can see them when lids are down ?????? haven't done it yet or do they need to be straight up
Hey @Bluey when installing them I wondered the same thing. The instructions (yes I read them :)) and it did mention to have them on an angle so water doesn't get into the gauge. So I can't see a problem @Bluey

Reactions: Bluey