Cruza Drivers OUTBACK EXPANDA 16.49-3 Trips and Mods

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
We just had to do the same thing after driving the Strzlecki. Also broke a couple of internal cupboard latches. A few bits of gaffer to hold it all shut until we hit Dubbo and found the Jayco dealer. Grabbed a few spares too.

Reactions: Ren77

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
We just had to do the same thing after driving the Strzlecki. Also broke a couple of internal cupboard latches. A few bits of gaffer to hold it all shut until we hit Dubbo and found the Jayco dealer. Grabbed a few spares too.
Hi @S&P,
Sorry off topic, but when did you do the Strzelecki and how did you find it, planning on travelling it in September? Any highlights or places you recommend to stop.

HM

PS also replaced those latches ours broke during warranty period, a bit light on it seems....

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Hi @S&P,
Sorry off topic, but when did you do the Strzelecki and how did you find it, planning on travelling it in September? Any highlights or places you recommend to stop.

HM

PS also replaced those latches ours broke during warranty period, a bit light on it seems....
@Holden_man - we did the Strz about a week ago. Attacked it from the south all the way up to Innaminka then up to the dig tree. We were stopped a couple of days before departing due to the weather about 30 trucks at Lyndhurst on their way to Moomba.
It's a pretty ordinary drive. Lots of corrugations. Not much to see on route, but the dig tree is worth seeing. You can camp there too if the flies don't bother you.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Thanks for that, maybe it will get a grade before September :)
How did you go with tyres, did you take extra for the van and Prado? Any regrets taking the van or it handled everything ok?

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Another job completed today. It took a whole 2.89 minutes to complete and that included a couple of standard issue pics :D

I noticed the door clips that lock the external solid door to the security door where broken and one missing all together. The centre one was doing most of the work along with the half broken top one.

time for a wash?

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Thanks for that, maybe it will get a grade before September :)
How did you go with tyres, did you take extra for the van and Prado? Any regrets taking the van or it handled everything ok?
We just put a new set of BFG A/Ts on the Prado, and only 1 spare for both. I did drop the pressure slightly in the car (38 PSI cold) and van (40 PSI cold), but not enough to give it a belly in the sidewall.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just finished reading this whole thread, a bloody marathon I tell you........Great read cruza well done...........just back from a 3 week run now want to pack up and go again, just need funds.

Reactions: cruza driver

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Weve just had a week at the beach, still not home yet, maybe more beach.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
This afternoon I returned from a 1133 km four night trip over on the south coast of NSW staying at the Discovery Park at Pambula Beach. @Moto Moto also joined us with his recently acquired 16.
I went last September school holidays for the same time too and once again we had great weather without the busy xmas crowds. Apart from the wind on the last night with a couple of vans now without there awnings :o

There must have been at least 30 if not more Expandas there too.

Trip report to follow in the next few days.

Last edited: