Caravan stuff on sale at ALDI Wed

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
@chartrock, if you can't score one on Saturday send me a text and I will try up here, 3 Aldi's up on the hill and one in Gatton, so I've got 4 to choose from.......
Thanks Drover, something has come up and I may not get there but not to worry, they will pop up again in the not too distant future. We have one but it is not quite big enough but it works well enough.
Maybe I should take up your offer, it would force a get together. :D

Reactions: Drover

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Drover past our local store 820 dropped the daughter off, queued up waiting for the 830 opening.

we arrived back in store at 835 and it was a frenzy, bit pathetic to watch actually, pushing shoving reaching under/over/around people to get stuff, near as bad as the boxing day sale a DJ's

Interestingly the ramps went the quickest and being sold as single item.

We scored the step, drink tumbler and wine glassed as Mrs Bushie decided we should update them.

Reactions: cruza driver

Paul

Jun 10, 2013
Ipswich
Went to the Yamanto store. Plenty of covers, mats and antennas left. The local vanners must be away.
Got an antenna so happy days. Wish I didn't recently buy a $250 cover from bcf now >:( damit!

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Senior central at our local store this morning, Those ramps must have gone quick, none left when I got there. Tried out chairs but several others and us decided the backs were too low. Got a mat for outside though

Reactions: Bushman

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Senior central at our local store this morning, Those ramps must have gone quick, none left when I got there. Tried out chairs but several others and us decided the backs were too low. Got a mat for outside though

Ramps pretty much gone by 9am Geoff, I need a different set the ones I have aren't suitable for dual axle van, they don't fit between the wheels.
Might wonder down to the Wollongong show next weekend, if not I'll wait till Rosehill, chasing some new mirrors, my Aussie Truck ones drivin' me nuts

Reactions: Bonners

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Got my step this morning. Looks good. The ramps didn't look that great in my opinion, and not suitable for dual axle.
I've got Fiamma ones and I can just squeeze them in between the wheels.

Reactions: Bushman and Bonners

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
what wgong show is that bushie? details plz

Here ya go

http://www.ruralscene.com.au/Events/Caravan-Camping-4WD-Fish-Boat-Show/Illawarra/

Use to be a pretty good show, but last few years it's dropped off a bit.

wonder if people going to stay overnight at our new dump point coz the parking areas ideal for a stroll into town
Guess that depends on weather council restrict it to "'daylight hours only or not" plenty of room there. been a few overnighters up on Razorback lately

Last edited:

Chrisv

Jan 30, 2015
Bundaberg
Holy crap...... We ran the gauntlet at Aldi Bundaberg today, it was certainly an experience. We managed to pick up a caravan cover, chairs, 240v/12v tv, floor mats and tables. I just can't believe how PASSIONATE and abusive some people get, wow certainly some people need to have a look and have some simple manners.

Paul

Jun 10, 2013
Ipswich
Aldi Yamanto has plenty left of everything. Ramps, antennas, steps, one less cover as I went back and grabbed one.

Antenna seems good. Even comes with both 12v and 240 adapters for the built in amplifier.
Wish I didn't waste 100 on an amplifier and another 100 on the start ship enterprise's antenna!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well the tow bar brigade had a field day at one Toowoomba Aldi but the others had heaps of gear left picked up a TV and an extra mat for those sandy park ups.

Paul

Jun 10, 2013
Ipswich
True. I went to one at the Gold Coast one day van covers were on sale before I had the Expanda. It was a see of walking sticks and grey hair.

No disrespect as they were twice my age but moved better than me and although their hair was grey they had plenty of it!
( I'm just jealous as it takes me longer to wash my face these days)

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Nowra Aldi was pretty packed but had plenty of most things, except the steps and ramps.

Picked up a couple of mats.

Put it outside the van yesterday and seems to work pretty well.

Not a CGear, but pretty good for $29.95