18' Series Camper trailer to 18.57.6 2010 OB Expanda

4WALLS

May 7, 2014
Central Coast NSW
Hi everyone,
What a very informative forum I have been a non member reader for a while prior to choosing our first caravan. My wife and I have 2 girls 9 & 11 and are about to embark on our trip of a lifetime around OZ for 6 months, in what we believe will be the best and most comfortable palace we have ever camped in.

The expanda is nearly ready with some mods recently completed along with what was already fitted by the previous and first owner. The forum has been great giving me many ideas and I love a good excuse to tinker on the weekends, so thanks all very much.

4WALLS. (our surname is Wall).

4WALLS

May 7, 2014
Central Coast NSW
Thanks relgate. We head off mid June from the Central Coast NSW heading north towards Darwin. Planning to spend most of our time in NT, WA & SA. 6 months isn't long we know so this is the reasons for not exploring too much in QLD, NSW & VIC. That will be another time I'm sure.

We are not cashed up or anything like that, but we believe it will be the best money we have borrowed/spent for the education of our kids. We thought we would be doing this later in life but why not give the kids the opportunity too as we don't know what life will bring us in the future.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi @4WALLS ,
Welcome guys, it is a great forum, we have learnt so much. Congrats on the Panda great taste I reckon, you will love it. Like @relgate I'm also jealous, we didn't make the jump early enough getting the Panda, now the oldest is settled into high school and can't throw him a 6-12 month curve ball, so totally understand your eagerness to get away now.
Not sure when you hit the road but hopefully you are still in TV range for the upcoming State Of Origin, wouldn't like you to miss 9 in a row.....:)
Happy travels and we love seeing pictures....

HM

PS depending on your timing there is a Multi state Panda meet around the 1st October at Cameron's corner, would be great if you could join us.

Reactions: 4WALLS

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Thanks relgate. We head off mid June from the Central Coast NSW heading north towards Darwin. Planning to spend most of our time in NT, WA & SA. 6 months isn't long we know so this is the reasons for not exploring too much in QLD, NSW & VIC. That will be another time I'm sure.

We are not cashed up or anything like that, but we believe it will be the best money we have borrowed/spent for the education of our kids. We thought we would be doing this later in life but why not give the kids the opportunity too as we don't know what life will bring us in the future.
You're preaching to the choir here!
We have plans for same but maybe need to wait another year or 2.

4WALLS

May 7, 2014
Central Coast NSW
Thanks for the invite Holden_man, will keep it in mind but we maybe somewhere in WA around that time. We would love to attend a meet one day as we did the same when we had our camper trailer.

It seems we have a number of things in common. (name, van model & favourite super car). Unfortunately the Blues will stop the rot in the origin this year and I will be sitting back with a beer somewhere outback watching on the Sat Tv.

We love the 2 bunks, shower/toilet setup, it is very plush compared to our previous camper trailer. I guess you guys have used it heaps and sorted out any issues that may have arisen.

Ps. How do you tag the member @Holden_man ???

Reactions: Holden_man

4WALLS

May 7, 2014
Central Coast NSW
You're preaching to the choir here!
We have plans for same but maybe need to wait another year or 2.
We decided it was time to do it about 4 months ago. Plenty to organise but the time is best with the kids still in primary school we believe. Work was fine as I have plenty of long service leave. The kids are enrolled into Distance Education, using IPAD's, laptop and also sending back hand written docs. Anything that is posted is sent ahead of our arrival into a new town to be picked up at pre-organised drop off. They will be communicating with their teacher and friends through Skype and email.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Thanks for the invite Holden_man, will keep it in mind but we maybe somewhere in WA around that time. We would love to attend a meet one day as we did the same when we had our camper trailer.

It seems we have a number of things in common. (name, van model & favourite super car). Unfortunately the Blues will stop the rot in the origin this year and I will be sitting back with a beer somewhere outback watching on the Sat Tv.

We love the 2 bunks, shower/toilet setup, it is very plush compared to our previous camper trailer. I guess you guys have used it heaps and sorted out any issues that may have arisen.

Ps. How do you tag the member @Holden_man ???

We do have a lot in common, :) but the blues......bugger me. It soooo sad that there is a generation of kids in NSW that have never experienced an Origin Win, sad.....:)

Yep the 18's are plush, we love it. Can't wait to get away in it, everyday we look out the window and see it there, and just want to hook up and hit the road. Reading everyone's trip reports are my therapy while I turn up at work everyday.....:(

Here's a few pics of ours....
http://elmerfamilytravels.blogspot.com.au/

Would be very interested to see any mods on yours.

And you got the tagging bit right... :thumb:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4WALLS

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Welcome to the form 4walls. Sounds like the trip of a life time. And the kids are old enough to remember it all. And like some one else said, maybe we will see you at the Corner on October 1.

4WALLS

May 7, 2014
Central Coast NSW
We do have a lot in common, :) but the blues......bugger me. It soooo sad that there is a generation of kids in NSW that have never experienced an Origin Win, sad.....:)

Yep the 18's are plush, we love it. Can't wait to get away in it, everyday we look out the window and see it there, and just want to hook up and hit the road. Reading everyone's trip reports are my therapy while I turn up at work everyday.....:(

Here's a few pics of ours....
http://elmerfamilytravels.blogspot.com.au/

Would be very interested to see any mods on yours.

And you got the tagging bit right... :thumb:
Hi Holden_man ,
Your pics are awesome, you look after the van and car very very well everything is so clean. I just had a look at our pics from our last camp, but no photos of the van unfortunately. I will try and get some before we head off. The van is stored at a mates at the moment as we are limited for room at home.

I like the idea of wrapping the water pipes etc underneath the van with hot water insulation, that would provide good protection when off-road I'm sure.

We are investigating a blog site while we are away too so we can share our adventure, so would be happy to keep your therapy up while we are away. Is it easy to setup and put photos on??

Cheers.

4WALLS

May 7, 2014
Central Coast NSW
Welcome @4WALLS I think you have us all envious its something we all want to do .. good luck
Thanks @BUSH PALACE , @Pace ,@Stan53 @chartrock and @crmmg for your welcome. It seems you have all used your vans heaps and added many mods, I hope to get plenty of inspiration from all on the forum.

@crmmg I look forward to reading through your blog it seems you all went to plenty of effort putting it together. We hope to do something similar.

Cheers.

Reactions: crmmg